Nero write speed adjustments

Hi,

I am using v6.6.0.18 on windows XP and every time I want to copy an entire cd - after I pop a disc in, it will only write at the maximum speed. I cannot set the speed to anything other than the maximum. If I burn multiple tracks to a cd from my hard disk I can choose a slower speed but if I just want to copy something it only allows me to burn at the max. I would like to know if there is a way I can change the default to always be at 16x and allow me to also choose other speeds as well. This happens in Nero and Nero express.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

:confused:

I just tried it using 6.6.0.18 and find no problem setting the burn speed. This is using the same drive to copy and burn. The very first screen lets you adjust the speed.

make sure you have the cd you are going to copy in the drive before you choose copy cd from within nero.

See print screen

No…:sad: I cant do that…I just went where the pictures shows…but there is only speed times by 40,24 and 16 how did you get times 12, 8, 4 and 1?

[QUOTE=Locoxx;2050780]No…:sad: I cant do that…I just went where the pictures shows…but there is only speed times by 40,24 and 16 how did you get times 12, 8, 4 and 1?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

What burner do you have? You won’t get lower options if your burner’s firmware doesn’t support them.

For most purposes, going lower than 16x doesn’t offer better quality anyway.

[quote=Arachne;2050782]Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

What burner do you have? You won’t get lower options if your burner’s firmware doesn’t support them.

For most purposes, going lower than 16x doesn’t offer better quality anyway.[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome…well I will explain you…

I wanna make a CD snes station…I wanna play it =D! well…I have Nero…I dunno wich version it is cuz its always with the 6.0.17 something like that… w8 its Nero 6608 well…I wanna make a Data CD or DVD and burn it but there is only speed 40, 24 and 16…If I burn it in those speeds it will just give me error when I play it in my ps2…help?

That doesn’t sound right, that burning at those speeds would make your ps2 unable to read it. Have you ever been able to read with the type of media you are using? I’ve heard some cd’s just won’t read in a ps2, but it’s been so long since I’ve had one that I can’t remember. I’m pretty sure burn speed doesn’t factor into your ps2 being able to play the disc.

[QUOTE=Locoxx;2050786]Thanks for the welcome…well I will explain you…

I wanna make a CD snes station…I wanna play it =D! well…I have Nero…I dunno wich version it is cuz its always with the 6.0.17 something like that… w8 its Nero 6608 well…I wanna make a Data CD or DVD and burn it but there is only speed 40, 24 and 16…If I burn it in those speeds it will just give me error when I play it in my ps2…help?[/QUOTE]

Then get better and slower rated media! Verbatim!