Nero wont eject disc after burning

vbimport

Now Im not sure if this is a direct problem of the dvd drive or if its nero’s fault, but i need to narrow it down somehow.

For some reason, whenver i go to burn a cd, it will complete the burn and even say so, but when i cliekc on done, the drive just keeps spinning, and the light on the drive is flickering the whole time. At that point I cant get the drive to eject no matter what i do from pressing eject to doing it in windows. I finally have to restart the computer to get it out of the ‘locked’ state.

it also does the same thing when i set it to verify the disc after burning. it will hang at the notice that neor will eject the disc and bring it back in for verfication, but it never does, it just keeps spinning the disc forever until i restart the computer.

apparently this doesnt effect the burn becuase all the discs ive done turn out to be burned perfectly once i check them after a restart.

is there anyway for me to ‘restart’ the drive, clearing it of whatever problem this is, without restarting my computer each time i burn?

My drive is:

Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633S with firmware BS41

I am using the lates updated Nero suite including Nero Burning Rom 6.6.0.15

thanks for any help

Check Preferences>Expert Features. Maybe the option “Do not eject the disc after the burn is complete” is ticked.

man at first i though it worked…

it actaully did work for one burn, it completed and the drive stopepd spinning like normal. but when i did the next one, its doing the same thing. i made sure the eject option was still disabled.

this time it compeleted and popped up the usual message, but all the while, the disc is still spinning and continues it until i restart the pc. any other ideas?

have the same prob with my pioneer 109,it takes a while but gets there eventually,i think that nero stops early cos mine carries on burning (closing disc) even when nero thinks its finished,it gets there in the end i just wait.
Do you have any antivirus running? also disable the ms burning engine in drive properties.

I have the exact same problem, and the same drive as the original poster (Lite drive)!

However, mine works fine when burning just one cd, but when I burn multiple copies is stalls out, as described above, after the first disc.

The disc plays fine after reboot.

Internestingly, I had the same problem about year about, with different drive, and I never solved it. I just reinstalled windows xp and nero and the problem went away.

I could not duplicate the problem your encountering with your recorders the tests below is a follows:
2 seperate tests were done with Nero 66015 Windows XP Sp-2 HP540B external dvd as well as a Plextor 716A recorder. After the burn process was successful clicked on o.k. and done and the Memorex CD-RW disk was ejected from both drives. Make sure the recorder has the latest firmware and try re-installing Nero software.

I could not duplicate the problem your encountering with your recorders the tests below is a follows:
2 seperate tests were done with Nero 66015 Windows XP Sp-2 HP540B external dvd as well as a Plextor 716A recorder. After the burn process was successful clicked on o.k. and done and the Memorex CD-RW disk was ejected from both drives. Make sure the recorder has the latest firmware and try re-installing Nero software.

ok after some testing i have found that this only applies to cds.

when i try burning dvds, they do fine, no problems ejecting. it only happens when burning cds. ill try reinstalling and see if that helps

Mine only hangs when burning dvds,updated today to latest release will try and let you know how things go,my pioneer has latest firmware as has my nec 3500,if no joy I will reinstall nero and let you know how things go,thanks for the reply.

sorted mine,uninstalled everything to do with nero,deleted all folders in program files,common shared files and folders,edited registry to remove all traces of ahead,reinstalled nero and vision express (only latest versions)now ejects disc from burner as soon as burner is finished and I click cancel and goes it back to nero explorer windows,this must be a problem with updating by overwriting existing install.