Nero won't burn on CD-R disc only CD-RW, help pls

When I use my licensed Nero 7 Ultimate Edition software to burn a data or video file it will only allow me to use CD-RW discs. When I was using the trial version I was able to use CD-R discs, which I prefer.

When I double click on the file I want in the download folder it opens Nero Burn ROM and then this message pops up.
“Pleae insert a disc of the correct type or modify the settings of your compilation to make it compatible with the current disc.”

My OS is MS Windows 2000 Pro.
My burner software is Nero 7 Ultimate Edition
I have a CD burner drive : LG CD-RW CED-8083B
and a DVD player drive: LG DVD-ROM DRD8080B

Funny thing is it was working fine with the trial copy and now that I’ve paid for the software it starts getting annoying, I’ve tried to get help from Nero support for two or three weeks but all them keep doing is stalling by asking again and again for my serial number which I give them each time, plus a copy of their confirming email then sent me.

I have also tried opening Nero Burn ROM, Nero Vision and Nero Express, adding my file and then trying to find somewhere to change a setting to a CD-R disc but no luck on that front either.

Any help would be much appreciated.
tks
Stevedca

:a

I have same problem. Have you gotten solution in two years?

Hi vincemartie and welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the original post has been missed and not answered for the thread starter.

What type of files are you trying to burn? What settings have you used in Nero? What recorder do you have and what Nero version? More information would be helpful.