Nero will only burn at maximum speed

vbimport

i am using nero vision express to burn dvds, recently it started burning at 16x even when i tell it to burn at 2x which is what is the burn rate i usually choose. i am using verbatim 16x dvdrs at the moment and am wondering if maybe they cant be recorded at such a low speed or i have a problem with nero, any thoughts?

There is no sense in selecting 2x burn speed. Depending on the burner you have then 12x is most likely to be the best speed.

What burner do you have & are the Verbs +R or -R?

Media only supports certain speeds, i.e. 2.4x, 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x. What does Nero list or does it only list “Maximum” ?? Try ImgBurn once, with your blank media in the drive, and see what speeds it lists.

I can’t recall ever seeing media that will burn at 2x anyway. Maybe you mean 2.4x instead.

-R media offers 2x burning against 2.4x for +R as the slowest.

Is that the difference ?? I’ve been using +R for a long time now…

I understand people believe that “slower is better”, but all the way down to 2x is just going overboard, IMO.

Totally agree, hence my recommendation for a 12x speed.

i am using a benq dq60, i mostly use maxell 8x dvds which seemed to like being burned at low speeds, then got sum maxell 16x ritekf1 which my burner duznt like, then got sum verbatim -Rs and thats when this maximum speed thing came about, 12x is the best burn rate? ive always thought slower is better lol, i will try setting nero to different rates and c what it does

Many burners seem to have problems with the Ritek F1 media as they don’t have firmware support for them.

You might want to check that you’ve got the latest firmware for the DQ60 , look here

i have the latest firmware and here this is the section of the log where it tells me it has to write at max -
#13 Text 0 File Burncd.cpp, Line 3904
[14:43:20] NeroVision Can only write at 16x (22,160 KB/s) instead of 8459.5x (11,674,172 KB/s) to current disc.

i am using verbatim dvdrs now, i can only get data to burn to maxell ritekf1. the movies burn successfully but i dont like not having control of the speed. i have tried every speed setting available to me, 2x 4x 8x 16x, but always burns at max 16x

heres another line from the nero file that i am not sure about -
[14:43:20] NeroVision Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI, detected: ?

should that question mark be there?