Nero will not work right if WMP11 is messed up

vbimport

I have had trouble with Nero and InCD ever since I messed up Windows media player 11. It turns out it is a WMP-11 issue not a Nero and InCD issue; as soon as some genous shows me how to repair (this is no easy task, believe me) WMP-11 or get rid of it - I hear that is impossible on windows XP, then I too can use Nero and InCD–until then I have to buy Power DVD to watch anything. Win Media Player 11 is a blight on humanity–it cant be destroyed and it cant be fixed–unless someone out there knows something super! I’ve tried all the tricks to fix this issue.
I have tried everything in the MS knowledge base to re-install WMP-11 which I really could care less if I had the program, its just that in my case, it is stopping all other codec or movie playing programs from working because of some built in issue with it and the way windows XP is running. Does anyone know a good way to reinstall windows XP clean for somebody who isnt comfortable really, with making my computer boot from the installation CD (has something to do with changing the BIOS stuff, which is over my head a bit). :bow:

[quote=appell1;2175468]I have had trouble with Nero and InCD ever since I messed up Windows media player 11. It turns out it is a WMP-11 issue not a Nero and InCD issue; as soon as some genous shows me how to repair (this is no easy task, believe me) WMP-11 or get rid of it - I hear that is impossible on windows XP, then I too can use Nero and InCD–until then I have to buy Power DVD to watch anything. Win Media Player 11 is a blight on humanity–it cant be destroyed and it cant be fixed–unless someone out there knows something super! I’ve tried all the tricks to fix this issue.
I have tried everything in the MS knowledge base to re-install WMP-11 which I really could care less if I had the program, its just that in my case, it is stopping all other codec or movie playing programs from working because of some built in issue with it and the way windows XP is running. Does anyone know a good way to reinstall windows XP clean for somebody who isnt comfortable really, with making my computer boot from the installation CD (has something to do with changing the BIOS stuff, which is over my head a bit). :bow:[/quote]
Did you try uninstalling INCD, I have found that it has a cpmpatiblity issue with other programs, I am not saying this is your issue, but if you uninstall WMP 11 and go back to WMP10 or 9 this should resolve the issue. Just trying to help.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2175568]Did you try uninstalling INCD, I have found that it has a cpmpatiblity issue with other programs, I am not saying this is your issue, but if you uninstall WMP 11 and go back to WMP10 or 9 this should resolve the issue. Just trying to help.;)[/QUOTE]

That usually does work. But this time there was something very sinister at work with WMP11. With Nero totally uninstalled neither WMP-9,10 or 11 would open anymore. I actually had to reinstall windows XP all over again. It actually seems like the registry was damaged by one of those registry repair programs (Myfaster PC), that is my guess, because after I ran that program is when lots of strange things did not work right. I advise agains using registry fixers generally from now on.

It would be helpful if you did tell us what verison of Nero your using?? I would as the MOD says not install InCD as it it only compatible with Nero and no other computer will read or see the media formated by InCD. I have WMP 11 will all updates with my Nero 6.6.1.15a and they exist just fine together. Are you sure something else besides those two programs caused the problem? I use CCleaner to fix and update my registery with no problem. You shouldn’t use a fly by night registry program fixer that you don’t know much about. From what your saying that registry program messed up the registry for both Nero and WMP 11 rather then fix broken or removing unneeded leftover registry program.