Nero will not install

I just installed a Cendyne CDRW (Lit-On 48125W) and cannot get the included Nero burning software to install. This is the message I receive after the initial install phase begins; “Error # 0x80070725. Description: Incompatible version of the RPC stub”. The install process is then stopped.

I sent an e-mail to Cendyne and also Nero explaining the problem. Neither company has responed. I also tried to call Cendyne technical support. No luck. I think it would be easier to talk to the Pope.:slight_smile:

My system is a PII 450 with 320 megs of ram. Gforce 3 Ti200 video. I did keep my old CD rom in the system.

I did download the 21 day trial version of CloneCD and it installed fine. My burner works great. I still would like to get Nero up and running since it did come with the Cendyne drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Fred

Goto http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q321915 , there is a fix for your problem there :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply Portmac. I followed the link you provided to Microsoft and loaded the fix. Nero is now Installed and functioning without any problems. Let the burning begin.

Again, thanks for your help.

Regards, Fred

You are most welcome, glad to hear it’s fixed :slight_smile: