Nero vista

vbimport

hi im running vista so i installed nero 7 ultimate vista but when i try to burn a film it shuts my computer down,how can i stop this? i only have a little knowledge about computers!! thanks in advance. :bow:

no versions of NERO is supported in VISTA yet, word is it will be in March '07

The latest version of Nero 7.7.5.1 DOES support Vista.

New Highlights in the ENHANCED edition

* Windows Vista™ Ready – enjoy Nero’s software applications with improved graphics and the streamlined features made possible with the Microsoft Vista operating system

Current version: 7.7.5.1
Release Date: January 18th, 2007
Filesize: 190,61 MB (199.874.112 bytes)

System requirements:

* [b]Microsoft® Windows Vista Home/Business/Ultimate[/b], Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4 or later); Windows XP; Windows MCE 2005, Windows 2003 server
* XP Professional x64 Edition (all applications besides InCD, Nero Scout and Nero ImageDrive work in the x86 emulator that allows 32-bit Windows applications to run)
  Microsoft® Windows Internet Explorer 5.5 or later
* 800 MHz Intel® Pentium® III or AMD Sempron™ 2200+ processors, 128 MB RAM (512 MB RAM for Windows Vista)
* 1GB hard disk space for a typical installation of all components
* Up to 9 GB available hard disk space for DVD images and temporary DVD files. 
* Graphics card: min. of 8 MB video memory and min. resolution 800 x 600 pixels and 16-bit color settings (DirectX9 compatible graphics card for Windows Vista)
* CD, DVD, Blu-ray or HD DVD recordable or rewritable drive for burning
* Internet connection required for registration, free activation of full DVD, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and AVC functionality after 30-day trial, product updates, and other features such as photo sharing. Internet connection charges are at user’s expense.
* Processing of multimedia data requires Microsoft® DirectX 9.0c (April 2006) or later

What you have posted is very true, but I have heard from more than a few users that this is not the case, maybe there is a " Glitch " in the new version of Nero. It has only been released for a week now, and alot of people are having problems. I have sent off an e-mail to their support team and I will be glad to share any information I recieve on this.:iagree:

@charles

I’m not near my Vista PC now but find your system properties page (maybe in control panel of right click “computer” icon and select properties). Find the tab/section called “Startup and Recovery” and turn off “Automatically Restart”.

That should give you a blue screen instead of just rebooting. There should be a stop error code (0x00000000). Get that and you can do a web serach and see what might be causing the problem. It is using a driver problem and with Vista being so new, some drivers may be flaky. I had to use 4 XP drivers for some of my devices as they have not been updated to Vista yet.

I assure you it is not the case, NERO does not in fact work for VISTA. I have the full retail version of VISTA and it simply does not work.

One of the many problems with Vista is that a lot of hardware, peripherals and even software will not work or is not supported in Vista. I would not touch Vista for many months untill all this is ironed out.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=208752

I assure you that it [B][U]IS[/U][/B] the case. I have Vista running on my laptop with the latest AnyDVD & Nero Suite and all is well.

Plus, that is a pretty big blanket statement to say, “NERO does not in fact work for VISTA”. What “facts” do you state? Your own experience? A few forum postings? That makes you judge the industrialized world cannot use Vista with Nero?!

It is more likely as I posted above as did tahclep that it is a conflict with Nero and some Vista based drivers (or lack thereof) and NOT a total software conflict with the entire Vista OS as you have stated as “fact”. This is just a repeat of the WinXP rollout. There will be some compatablility issues no doubt but not a total imcompatability as you’ve posted. The words “for me” would have been a needed addition to your statement.

Using your logic, I can say that I know for a FACT that Nero [U]DOES WORK[/U] with Vista as I am successfully running it!

I assure you that it IS the case. I have Vista running on my laptop with the latest AnyDVD & Nero Suite and all is well.

Plus, that is a pretty big blanket statement to say, “NERO does not in fact work for VISTA”. What “facts” do you state? Your own experience? A few forum postings? That makes you judge the industrialized world cannot use Vista with Nero?!

It is more likely as I posted above as did tahclep that it is a conflict with Nero and some Vista based drivers (or lack thereof) and NOT a total software conflict with the entire Vista OS as you have stated as “fact”. This is just a repeat of the WinXP rollout. There will be some compatablility issues no doubt but not a total imcompatability as you’ve posted. The words “for me” would have been a needed addition to your statement.

Using your logic, I can say that I know for a FACT that Nero DOES WORK with Vista as I am successfully running it!

OK… I stand corrected, as you stated it does work, I was trying it on a old MS internal build that MS sent me back in the day I was a corp. beta tester. I have it now running on the full retail version. I apologize for the misgiving on my part. :iagree:

thanks i also had the beta version now i have the full version i got from nero site it works great thanks for all the advice

Something is wrong with 7.7.5.1 in Vista. If I try to do anything else while I am using Nero, even open task manager, the whole system locks up. This happens every time I try to burn to a disk image. I used to be able to minimize Nero while creating an image and do other things with no problem.