Nero Vision problem with Auto Fit to Disc

I have just recently upgraded to Nero 8 from Nero 7. I use the Vision version 5.1.0.2 that came with Nero 8 to burn AVI files to DVD. Lately I’ve been having problems with the Automatic Fit to Disc option and am wondering if I accidentally changed a setting or something. When I choose this option, it does not utilize the entire 4.37 GBs of disc even though it indicates so on the “Create and arrange titles on your project” screen (bar at bottom). After the movie encodes and burns, as little as 2 GB and up of the disc is utilized and the quality is not as good as it could be. I used to like the AutoFit option because it utilized ALL the space on the DVD and the quality was very good. This never happened with Vision 4 – could it be a bug in Vision 5 perhaps or have I changed something by accident??? Thanks in advance.

I am bumping this up again. I am perplexed that no one else has had this problem with Nero Vision 5.

“I have just recently upgraded to Nero 8 from Nero 7. I use the Vision version 5.1.0.2 that came with Nero 8 to burn AVI files to DVD. Lately I’ve been having problems with the Automatic Fit to Disc option and am wondering if I accidentally changed a setting or something. When I choose this option, it does not utilize the entire 4.37 GBs of disc even though it indicates so on the “Create and arrange titles on your project” screen (bar at bottom). After the movie encodes and burns, as little as 2 GB and up of the disc is utilized and the quality is not as good as it could be. I used to like the AutoFit option because it utilized ALL the space on the DVD and the quality was very good. This never happened with Vision 4 – could it be a bug in Vision 5 perhaps or have I changed something by accident??? Thanks in advance.”

The latest version of NV5 is now 5.3.3.0. Try installing that version and see if your problem persists.

Start by using Nero’s remover tool. When it asks you if you want to save your settings, say “no”. That should give you Nero’s default settings.