NERO Vision Express2 - Communication Failure?

vbimport

Hello everyone! Im new here and by reading some of these posts, it would appear that I am now in the right place for solving my problems. I just purchased and installed a AOpen DVD burner and so far I have managed to burn a data DVD disc so far, but whenever I attempt to burn some Video_TS files I get the communication failure. Ive attached the error log below any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I hope I didnt erase anything important, but I did remove some of the repetitive stuff from the log!

@ brownstein
welcome:). Since these files are on your HDD now, can you open Nero Express and burn them from there? Have you ever had any success with NeroVision? If you cannot burn from Nero Express, then post(attach .txt file) a nero infotool output.

Thanks for the welcome! Actually I was using Nero Express when it happened the first time. Exact same error. I put the Nerovision on and updated the firmware on the burner to see if it would make a difference…it did not ;(. I have the log file for the Nero express attached below. Thanks for helping!

@ brownstein
I was hoping you would post a nero infotool system scan output but you got some stuff that doesn’t look quite right in the error log that may be the problem

Bus Type : via Inquiry data (1) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI
Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr : 1
Drive is autodetected - recorder class: Std. MMC recorder
for this, I would try to delete the IDE channel this drive resides on(secondary master?)(you can do this in ‘start>settings>control panel>system>hardware>device manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers>secondary IDE channel>driver’ then choose ‘uninstall’, click ‘OK’ on the warning window) and restart your system and let windows redetect this drive.

If this doesn’t work, post a nero infotool(in the nero toolkit) output with your next post. If you get an error, post the error log. Don’t forget to remove the serial number from the log.

@ brownstein
just thought of another possible cause for the communication failure. Your burner is a 16x burner…it should be set at udma4…you can check that in device manager under secondary channel>settings like before…are you using a 80-wire connector and NOT a 40-wire connector? That has been known to cause this error for some people. If you don’t know, you can ‘count’ by feeling with your finger/fingernail…count each ‘bump’(wire) on the ribbon and when you reach 20, if you are halfway across the ribbon, its a 40-wire connector…If you are only a quarter of the way…its an 80-wire