Nero Vision Express 3

vbimport

I recently burned my 1st dvd movie from scratch…using Nero Vision Express 3----putting it together with different video files that i downloaded. It works on DVd players fine…but on my computer i get video but NO audio.

when i opened the CD in my computer…i only see the Video_TS file…no Audio_TS…??? but i get audio on my dvd players…this is weird…someone plz explain…

ALSO…main problem here----to burn this DVD…i had to make my own menu. While the burning started i noticed the files (7 in all of over 60mb each) were being transcoded…the whole process of the burning took 8 hrs +!!! how can i avoid this???

Last problem----when i checked the size of the 7 files…it came up to just over 850 MB…but when added in Nero Vision Express 3 b4 making the menu and all that stuff…the files went over 4.7GB and i had to reduce it to jus less than 4GB as i was prompted to do so unless i had a DVD-9 cd…which i dont…

how come this huge difference in size…850 MB is the real size…but when added to the program…it was over 4GB

plz help…
thanks

btw…the files were AVI files…when i added them…

but still…were 850 mb in total in size…

some help plz…dont know whythis process is takin 8 hrs to do…
i made a dvd frm scratch…menus, chapters …used 7 large avi files

NVE wants to make a DVD so it transcodes the avi to mpeg2. This process takes forever because NERO has to transcode each and every frame. Also, check the Encoding Mode; 2 pass is slower than 1 pass. About your sound, in NVE check the Audio Format,you may be transcoding to an audio format that your computer needs to be set to to play. Check your computer DVD player’s settings.
And one more thing, AVI is a highly compressed format so naturally when it’s transcoded to mpeg2, it expands…
Hopefully, this will help a bit.

trak1//thanks for that info…
hopefully it works…

but one thing…is there a way to transcode the files using NVE or another program in nero maybe so that i can transcode the videos separately from when i burn so it doesnt use up all my computer’s resources at once