Nero Vision Express 3 - Burn Process Failed

Okay, this has happened 3 times in a row now and I must say I am royally pissed, since I was convinced I had fixed it this morning when I reinstalled and updated everything. Apparently not. Okay, well here’s the low-down.

I have successfully burned at least 10 disks and this has NOT happened before. I was about to burn a disk as usual in the usual way - leave the snail-slow thing to take it’s time transcoding then spend another 2+ hours actually burning - When I come back to check up on it and find out it had spit out the disk and said some junk about “Burn Process Failed” yadda yadda yadda. I’m like, “Well okay, it was bound to happen. Let’s try again.” But then it happened again. So this morning I did as I said, reinstalled Express and updated from the site, and to my dismay, it STILL refuses to work. It won’t burn in the least bit, it finishes transcoding and then doesn’t even START the damn thing. Just refuses to do it. I can tell this is going to drive me and everyone around me batty trying to figure out what’s wrong with it, so if I can have some help here I’d be much appreciated. Oh, I also have a log-file, but I’m afraid of posting it because I know there’s serial numbers on there somewhere but I don’t know where to edit it. ( I really don’t understand all this complicated computer techno stuff. e_e; ) But I CAN tell you the logfile ends with …
[03:08:56] GCHW Node removed: Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer
… Which I’m sure is not normal. Could it also be a problem with my Sony burner? … Well it seems unlikely ( Seems more like a glitch with some programming or something ) but hey, I wouldn’t know. Anyways, all help is appreciated. Thank you.

Burn to an image first and then burn the image to disc. See if/where in the process the error shows.

I suppose normally that would work… If I had any idea HOW to tell where an error would be if I had a logfile. I really can’t read the thing.

At this stage, you are just checking if the error is due to a transcoding failure or to an acutal burning failure. The former will be due to a software problem, the latter to a hardware problem.

Your serial number will be of this format xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx, just load the logfile into a text editor and edit it out.