Nero Vision 4

vbimport

I have nero 7 ultimate edition with nero vision 4 which has a great problem. When I try to load avi type video to make a dvd it just get converted to mpeg2 format and (Shows like )occupies the whole 4.38 gb of the dvd. What the problem is ?Can any one help me? please.

Regrds,
Wsarath

Welcome to the forum wsarath :slight_smile:

Moving your thread over to the “Video Edit Software” forum…

[QUOTE=wsarath;2555581]I have nero 7 ultimate edition with nero vision 4 which has a great problem. When I try to load avi type video to make a dvd it just get converted to mpeg2 format and (Shows like )occupies the whole 4.38 gb of the dvd. What the problem is ?Can any one help me? please.

Regrds,
Wsarath[/QUOTE]

And what do you think is a DVD? It is a mpeg2 stream…

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=wsarath;2555581]I have nero 7 ultimate edition with nero vision 4 which has a great problem. When I try to load avi type video to make a dvd it just get converted to mpeg2 format and (Shows like )occupies the whole 4.38 gb of the dvd. What the problem is ?[/quote]No problem is. Works as designed. :slight_smile:
You want a video DVD, and this is exactly what you get.

Michael

Not so, When I add a video which is about [B]800 MB[/B] to it it just occupies the whole dvd ie. [B]4.38 GB[/B]

Regards
Wsarath

If you are converting from an avi file that uses xvid or divx codecs, and are going to dvd-video, the file size will increase considerably. Mpeg2 video used in dvds is not as efficient in compression, therefore the size will increase if you wish to maintain a reasonable quality.

Converting from H264 mp4 or mkv files to dvd video will show the same sort of size increase, and may be harder to maintain the same quality when restricted to single layer dvd target size.

But Will it increase till 4.38 GB i don’t Think so. If its like that then what I will have to do to burn 2 or 3 films in a dvd. Please Help me.

Regards
Wsarath

[QUOTE=wsarath;2555718]But Will it increase till 4.38 GB i don’t Think so. If its like that then what I will have to do to burn 2 or 3 films in a dvd. Please Help me.

Regards
Wsarath[/QUOTE]

You don’t see the differences between VideoDVD and DataDVD.
A VideoDVD hold standard mpeg2 streams (video & audio). A DataDVD can hold any kind of data files, like mp3, xvid, video, audio of any format …

Do you want to create standard VideoDVD with more than 1 movie or a DataDVD which just hold some files???

I want to create a VideoDVD wih more than 1 movie, Thanks for the reply

Regards
Wsarath

See if there is something helpful: http://www.nero.com/eng/support-nero7-tutorials.html, Especially http://www.nero.com/eng/support-nero7-tutorials-photo-video.html

Michael

You need to consider the amount of time of your videos, rather than the original size of your avi or mp4 files. You should not try to convert more than 3 hrs of video over to dvd-video if you are trying to stay within the size of a single layer dvd. I personally would stick to 2-2 1/2 hrs per disk.

Your conversion program will do the best it can using all the available space. If the bitrate falls too far, the quality of the video will be very poor.

Google for search dvd creator maybe can help you.