Nero Vision 4 - Setting up to Burn difficulties

Greetings, thanks to any and all who read this…

I’m trying to make my first DVD. I start the Nero Vision 4 program, and when I add the files, there is an X in the viewing box that goes with the file.

Then, I go ahead and make the menu template, font style, etc… and hit next

Up pops up the testing part, where they give you a fake controller so you can test your DVD functioning. However, when I push play, nothing happens. I can go back to title and Menu, but no video starting of the chapters.

I have the files saved in MPEG format, MPEG-2 to be exact.

I’d appreciate help as I am trying to make a gift for someone. Thanks!

I’m trying to make my first DVD. I start the Nero Vision 4 program, and when I add the files, there is an X in the viewing box that goes with the file.

So basically if you go to ‘Edit’ there is no playback available?

What version of Nero do you have? Is it a full version or a crippled OEM one?

Thanks for replying… I have Nero Vision 4… and it’s the full version.

However, I have tried MPEG, Avi, and MP4, and I can’t get playback on either the menu buttons or on the editing playback screen…

Is there a special file needed? or is there a setting in Nero that I’m not aware of? I’m trying to think of what could possibly be wrong… but then again, I’m not overly experienced in the field either…

What’s the exact version of Nero you are using. Fire up Nero Express and hit the ‘?’ in the lower corner.

Thanks for your patience, and sorry it took me a bit to get back to you.

The exact version is 7.9.6.0 , at least I think it is. I started Nero Express, hit the Question mark in lower left corner and clicked on “About Nero Express”…

Is it a full retail version or an OEM, Essentials type?

How do I tell if it is the full version or the OEM? I apologize for being oblivious. My friend sold me his copy, and as far as I know it is the full version. He is probably the most trustworthy person the planet, so I doubt he’s lying. However, how can I tell for certain?

Go to Start-> All programs-> Nero (?) What does it say? Mine says ‘Nero 7 Ultra Edition’.

Yea mine says that too… it’s just strange that I can’t get playback, or have any of my files read for burning.

Well it should at least [I]accept[/I] the files.

Well you could use Nero’s Clean tool to do a complete uninstall, then download the last version of 7 to install. Make sure you have your serial.

You might also try this free app to see how you fare.

http://www.dvdstyler.de/