Nero Update Failed

vbimport

I used Nero Product Setup to update my Nero (current version 7.7.5.1) and it said there were updates available.

When I clicked on “Update Now”, a window popped up to prompt me to download the latest files or if I have already downloaded the latest files. I chose the option to download. Then I received the following message: Cannot update MSI engine. Please update manually.

What is this MSI engine? How do I fix this?

You can fix it by not using Nero’s piece of shit updater. It’s completely worthless! With Nero 6, the updater was great. When Nero moved to 7, it just went downhill (the whole dam thing). You hear that Nero? All your software writers must have sold used cars before they were hired by Nero. They should go back to their old professions cause they have no business trying to write software.

I guess it’s apparent I’m not a Nero fan. I actually used to be before 7 came out. They just took a nose dive into the curb.

Same here. I think its a bug in their server, the update was only for the installation program.

I agree with you guys. Nero went down hill very fast. I think they try to put too many things in one software and nothing works right.
Going back to “mis3”. If you want to use there newest versions you have to use their toolkit to uninstall old version and install new one, otherwise it will not work.

Are you talking about using the “Clean Tool?”

I’ve used that over and over again. It’s just a viscious circle.

I can’t seem to get the updates for Version 7.7.5.1

When I do the updates, only one comes up for “Nero Product Setup”.

How can I get the update for this if it keeps coming up with the message “Cannot update MSI engine? Must update manually.”

I’m 65 years old and have a little knowledge of computers but am no guru by any means.

I would need detailed instructions if anyone can help me.

If Version 7.7.5.1 is really too much for me (which I think it is), how would I go about getting an older version.

Would I have to pay AGAIN for that version???

Thank you kindly.

I got tired of uninstalling/reinstalling the new version 7 ultra enhanced and it taking over my computer.

Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks? This 65 year old lady says go back to the old ways.

So I downloaded and installed a version of 6 and I have no more bloat taking over my computer.

I’ll wait till they fix the new version and perhaps give it another chance later.

Do not give up.
Download the new version to your hard drive from the Nero site.
There is also registry cleaner on there web site. You have to use that after Clean tool.
After you clean it all, double click on your downloaded file and it will start to install.
You may have to re enter registration, but it should work.
I had to re enter reg code because it came up after install as a trial version, they had the same problem with original 7.0 version.

In order to resolve the [B][U]Cannot update MSI engine. Please update manually.[/U][/B] error, you have to delete the files/folders initially created during the failed installation. Open Windows Explorer & type [B][U]%TEMP%[/U][/B] in the Address bar & hit <Enter>. Then find the [B][U]Nero Web[/U][/B] & [B][U]nero.tmp[/U][/B] folders & delete them. Close Windows Explorer & start [B][U]Nero ProductSetup[/U][/B] again. That should fix it.

That usually happens when you delete something you shouldn’t have with a Registry Cleaner.:iagree:

Thanks! That worked for me. My cable modem decided to take a break during the ridiculous 200+ meg “update”.

Nero is THE worst program I ever had to update. Let’s see… delete your working program, then download updates. Opps, update failed, sorry no more auto updates for you…

TO DO THE UPDATE PROPERLY YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE NERO CLEAN UNINSTALL. THEN REINSTALL THE PROGRAM. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBERS WRITTEN DOWN. GOOD LUCK

THOMAS

[QUOTE=sooner;1837376]In order to resolve the [B][U]Cannot update MSI engine. Please update manually.[/U][/B] error, you have to delete the files/folders initially created during the failed installation. Open Windows Explorer & type [B][U]%TEMP%[/U][/B] in the Address bar & hit <Enter>. Then find the [B][U]Nero Web[/U][/B] & [B][U]nero.tmp[/U][/B] folders & delete them. Close Windows Explorer & start [B][U]Nero ProductSetup[/U][/B] again. That should fix it.[/QUOTE]

Still works perfectly! Thx.