Nero Update and Tutorial

Hi all!

How do I update from 5.5.5.6 to the latest version? Do not tell me that htey expect me to pay for upgrades?!

Also, I burned my first CDRW a while ago and I want to update some of the files on the disc. How do I do this? I can’t find any resources anywhere. BTW, the nero website sucks!

Originally posted by xr6vn9z
How do I update from 5.5.5.6 to the latest version? Do not tell me that htey expect me to pay for upgrades?!

SInce it is not allowed here to request for illegal downloads I am going to assume you have paid for the version you are using and don’t like to pay for updates. With Nero you don’t pay for updates when you have a license, you can download them for free at their website.

As for your second question, did you use InCD (or any similar program) to write those files to your CDRW, or you burnt them as 1 session (same as you would do with CD-R)?

Assuming that you burnt the disc in multisession mode (the mode that gives you the option to add files later on), do the following:

-choose Data CD (CD ROM iso) and choose the option “continue multisession disc” (make sure the partly-used disc is in your CDRW drive!)… now you can add files to the disc without a problem!
-take a look at the “finalize CD” option, with this function turned on, your disc will be closed and no further writing will be possible!