Nero uninstall problem

vbimport

:aive tried everthing to get rid of failed demo sofware of nero 7 &8 it wont complete the install saying that serial no is outdated and yes i know you dont need it but when i clear all info on cutomer info page, where you would put the serial no. it still says wrong or outdated serial no. nero site cant unless you pay a buck 25 an hr and then they dont even give you abreak if they dont get it fixed starting to think they dont have any support knowlage or the want to. i have vista ultimate with 1500 ram with my lite-on dvdrw burner thanks for any help:a

Have you tried the clean tool?
Also Nero provides free support through their email, though I don’t know how good their response time or support is. You can find all this information on their actual site though.

Download the clean tool by going here Nero General Clean Tool
Instructions to run it:

1. Download the Nero General-CleanTool, save this file to your desktop.
  2. Open the ZIP-file and save (extract) the General-CleanTool application file.
  3. Double-click on the General-CleanTool application file to start the CleanTool. The window “Nero General Clean Tool” will open. The installed Nero version will be displayed.
  4. Activate the “Clean All” checkbox.
  5. Click the “Clean” button. A status window will open. The execution of the tool may take several minutes.
  6. Please wait until the progress bar has moved completely to the right.
  7. In the window “Nero General Clean Tool” click the “Exit” button once the erasing procedure is completed.
  8. Reboot your computer.

Immediately after rebooting, take the following additional steps.

1. Click the Windows ‘Start’ button and select ‘Run…’ (If using Windows Vista, simply select the ‘Start Search’ field in the Start menu.)
  2. Type in “%temp%” (without the quotes, but do include the % characters) and click ‘OK’. The Windows ‘Temp’ folder should open.
  3. Click the ‘Edit’ menu and select ‘Select All’. The contents of the Temp folder should all be selected.
  4. Hit the ‘Delete’ key on your keyboard, and confirm that you wish to delete the selected files when prompted.

Restart computer

Also found this on their website… again by simply looking. You can also find your serial number in the Windows registry.

Please proceed as follows:

1. Click “Start” in the Windows start menu.
  2. Click the “Run” command.
  3. The window “Run” will open. Enter “regedit” in the “Open” text field and click the “OK” button.
  4. The registry window will open. You will find your serial number on the left side in the navigation tree.
    Simply go into the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info
  5. Your serial number is displayed next to the “Serial7” entry. It is structured as follows:
    Retail version: 1Cxx-xxxx-xxxx-…
    Nero Essentials: 4Cxx-xxxx-xxxx-…

I would guess you could delete the registry entry for the nero serial and it would not have one to refer to after that.

Let us know if it worked

-Neotype

great info neo but idid the clean uninstal tool and it didnt wont so i when to regedit and deleted everthing there and still sr. no message but i will do the temp thing thanks for the fast reply in less than 10 minites wow:bow: nero has’nt replied in 36 hrs:a

Well if you went into the registry, make sure that you actually did remove all nero entries. Here is a step by step to getting out the nero registry entries. REMEMBER, always back up your registry or have a system restore available in case something goes wrong.

Click the Windows ‘Start’ button and select ‘Run…’

Enter “regedit” (without quotes) and click ‘OK’. The Registry Editor will open.

Use the folder tree in the left side of the Registry Editor window to select the following key (folder).

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\installer\products\

There will be a number of folders under “products” with names consisting of a long string of letters and numbers, such as “{12AF449BFA1877A43882ECF4C45C0133}”.
a) Select each of these, one at a time, in the folder list on left. The right side of the Registry Editor window will display a list of names and values.
b) Look for the “Product Name” entry in each key (folder), and check to see if the Product Name is “Nero”, “Nero 8”, “Nero 7”, etc.
c) If the Product Name for any of the folders does correspond to any version of Nero, right click the folder (the one with the name similar to “{12AF449BFA1877A43882ECF4C45C0133}”, in which the Nero Product Name is found) and select "Delete"
Here is a picture to help.

Use the folder tree on the left side of the Registry Editor window to select the following key (folder).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\

If an “Ahead” key (folder) is present under the “Software” key, right-click on the “Ahead” folder and select “Delete”, then confirm that you wish to delete the key and its sub-keys.

If a “Nero” key (folder) is present present under the “Software” key, right-click on the “Nero” folder and select “Delete”, then confirm that you wish to delete the key and its sub-keys.

Close the Registry Editor and any other windows which are still open.

Restart and you should be clean of nero.

-Neotype

hi neo founf that file and deleted it but i still get this recuring file no matter what i do it comes right back im thinking it the only one left as registry scan only comes up with that file this is the registry file and key that i get (name- nerohome faststart, type-reg_sz, data- "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMFirstStart) it is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER -Software -Microsoft -Windows-CurrentVersion - RunOnce. ive even deleted the runonce and it even comes back, thanks for all you fine help

Nero has two cleaning files one for registry and other for files.
I do not think you will be able to get rid of your warning, since it come from expired time of trail version.
It will be a hidden key so you cannot delete it and use trial again.

hi CD what is weird is i downloaded the trial from nero site each time , and tried install right after i downloaded the program seems weird that it would be expired when ive never completely finished the install of any version , right now im thinking that my problem lies on the file that wont delete in the registry that i put in my last post,as for the nero home icon or scout on the my computer window, not sure what it says now because it just has icon with no name for it but when i click on the icon it only gives a registry key that i have manually removed from the registry but again it wont remove the icon and key from the my computer window i sure dont want to reinstall windows as i have to many ,files ,music and videos,documents to lose thanks for the ears on this page. :confused:

Go to Nero site and download both tool files, run them, hope it will clean what is left.
I know Nero7 had all kind of installation problems where you had to uninstall older installation before installing new update for same version. This went on till 7.5

hey cd i only seen one clean up file ori s there one version for each 7 and 8

hi gang just letting you know ive done what you guys have said do with clean up tools and it didnt work, i still got the same problem in the registry file path still shows up in the run once folder& the icon on the my computer window under my drives it looks like a house with a magnifing glass over it and i tried installing ver. 8 trial and it didnt work still cant get passed the serial no. still says expired, and no nero support still has’nt replied yet ive been having this problem for a month now and this site has tried to help more than any other looks like a great bunch of peeps thanks ,but im thinking im looking for another program to burn my dvds if any body has any thoughts on that please let me know oh an my vista is running great untill now seems likenero dont like my os. Nero hasnt a clue im stuck because lite-on company pushes nero with there dvd components & i like lieon but mine came with my-dvd software that dont work with vista yeah its 4 years old and it worked great with xp oh well thanks for any help:a:a

Sorry for your trouble. Did you try to just delete Icon, because it is shortcut only. At least it will not show.
I know I had two files for version 7, but it is possible they made it into one.
When I get home I will see if they are still on my computer and if so will post it on some site for you to download.
Let you know here.
Get ImgBurn for DVD burning. Everyone else here is using that one.
Someone said that new version can burn audio, but not sure about that. For DVD it is great, specially for DVD-DL.

Yes they made it into one file. This is what I found for Nero7.

This is for Nero8

hi cd thanks for your help with this and yesive tried to uninstall the icon and when i click on it nothing happens and i cant find it anywhere else , i did a system restore last night onnly to find out the oldest one only whent as far as the first copy of the first atempt whith neros ver.7 i had got a copy of 7 that was not compatiablewith vista i think that is were my problem stoped so i downloaded clean tool for ver 7 then looked in thregistry and all of 7 was still in the registry do you think your old ver. 7 clean tool could get rid of it unlike the new one

I am not sure, but I will try to post the files.
Let you know tonight.

thank you ,your such a nice person thanks for you knowlege and help

im checking out imgburn also

[B]rlk123go[/B]
Here is the site you can get files I had to clean Nero, hope it works for you.

This is Nero FTP site where you can view all their tools and such.
ftp://ftp6.nero.com/attach/

thanks CD& Neo nero should pay you guys instead of the jack a… at there us office they actully told me today that they couldnt& wouldnt help me with this prblem and told me to reinstall vista ,and said that it wasnt there fault that the trial ver they offered on there site was broken i mst have an old ver on my computer which isnt the case but i will try out thos sites guys thanks for youears i just had to let peeps know what they said

well it looks like nero doesnt live on my sytem so far but still get the same messge with expired serial no. and nero still says it not there problen said it was my vista which i dont beleive since that is the only thing that has messed up that i couldnt fix i think they just want me to use the paing phone service whitch wont happen cd & neo thanks for the links but they must not work on vista they downloaded but wouldnt run