Nero Ultra 6.6.1.4 & mp3 problem

Been using Nero happily for a few months, but after online updates a few days ago, the mp3 option disappeared…tried uninstalling and the usual Nero cleaner stuff, restarting etc, then reinstalling…NOTHING (just the same missing mp3 encoding option). Tried this several times.
As a last resort, picked up a few “new” reg numbers, but STILL nothing!
Anyone know what´s up? Is this a ploy by Nero to make us buy the mp3Pro plug-in?
Grrr

Problem solved after days of work…but have to say that Nero should look into their tactics a bit. With so many versions, add-ons and plug-ins that make it nearly impossible to fix if something goes wrong, they could turn customers away to find alternatives that are easier to manage and either cheaper or simply illegal!
Other than that I am still a Nero fan - when it´s running well it´s hot, although my multimedia-IT consultant says he hates it!
I guess the lesson is, make sure your software is safely backed up, and if it works stay away from anything that could disturb it - including updates…
Good luck.
D

For others on the forum who might have the same problem could you post what you had to do to fix this - if it was legal :wink:

I had thought the mp3pro had suffered an early and well deserved death.

Well…
Background: mp3, mp3pro, frauenhofferbratwurstterminatorVX77i, or whatever… I just needed a reliable system to make my music portable. Nero provided me with an all-encompassing tool kit to work with with my own music, photos and videos, as well as bought (legal!) music and videos. Being a technical neophyte, Nero worked well for me until I screwed something up (still don´t know what)…maybe through uninformed decisions during the running of a couple of directory cleaning programs…and no amount of looking into my backups and systems resets could fix it - which is why I´m now suspicious of what may be encoded in the Nero systems
so,
I decided to find a way…
There were 2 choices:

1. Download the new Nero 7 (with its updates and patches it sounds like it works now)
    or
  2. The other way.
    …and…
    It took a hell of a lot of work to get every trace of my screwed up Nero out!

The rest you can figure out yourself.
Me

Moral: Don´t try to fix a running system!

To remove Nero and the likes from your registry you could use Registrar Lite.
Search and delete the findings, simple

Used CCleaner - 2GB of junk removed

Hi folks,

Boy, am I glad that I saw your post … DeAnimator … I currently have Nreo 6.6.0.16 and I was thinking to upgrade to Nero 6.6.1.4 … after reading this post and the headaches … I am keeping my existing version.

Here is the problem that I have may be someone can help me.

When I make a Back-up of my Original CD using NERO mentioned above … and I use the Direct method (from Original CD directly to my Back-up cd) I have 2 separate drives … I use a BenQ 1640 for burning and use my Samsung OEM to run the original CD … I burn at 16X speed and I can back-up my copy in about 2 to 3.5 minutes and I have all my Track Listings and info.

BUT, when I copy my original CD onto my Hard Drive then use NERO to Author a Audio CD … the same darn CD it takes me 20 minutes or so to back up AND it shows that my CPU is running at the full 100% capacity which is extremely unusual and all of my other functions freezes up … WHAT IS the PROBLEM?

By the way, I also have Roxio version 7.0 … would that be a BETTER choice for copying a CD off of my Hard Drive?

ALSO, is there a FREEWARE out there for burning CD’s that is more stable and dependable than NERO.

THANKS for any help or suggestion.

Hi,
As a newbie, this is my first post and I hope I’m in the right place. It concerns a problem I’m having with Nero 6 Ultra. I’m running Windows XP and working with New Wave editor. My task is simple, but the solution is eluding me. I have imported an mp3 audio file and want to change the volume. Now I want to save it (still as an mp3) and it won’t let me telling me I need to submit proof of purchase to a link on the Nero website. Normally, in any software program such as word, or photo editing software, you can save a revised document in the same format you started with. Any help much appreciated. Many thanks. Hugh

Is this nero version registered or OEM or just a trial version??

[QUOTE=hmartell;2661253]Now I want to save it (still as an mp3) and it won’t let me telling me I need to submit proof of purchase to a link on the Nero website.[/QUOTE]

Did it work in the past?
If so,there’s probably something wrong with the installation.
However,if this is the 1st time you try this task,I think that Nero wants you to buy the Mp3Pro plugin…
Perhaps you can search the www for the free Nero Mega Plugin Pack…:cool:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2661500]Did it work in the past?
If so,there’s probably something wrong with the installation.
However,if this is the 1st time you try this task,I think that Nero wants you to buy the Mp3Pro plugin…
Perhaps you can search the www for the free Nero Mega Plugin Pack…:cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much for your kind reply.http://static.rankone.nl/site_images/smilies/4/bowdown.gif
To respond: This is my first attempt at editing with this software which was purchased. You’re right about the MP3pro plugin purchase requirement. However, since my problem surfaced, I discovered that mp3 files are not actually required. It turns out that if I save the now edited file as a PCM Wav file it does the job for what I need.
Being part Scottish, I’ll try your suggestion to search for the free Nero Mega Plugin Pack. It may come in handy.
Thanks so much again.
All the best,
Hugh

Thanks for your reply. The software was purchased and I have the original software disc. But since purchased some 10 years ago, I don’t have the receipt for the purchase anymore.

[QUOTE=hmartell;2661533]
Being part Scottish, I’ll try your suggestion to search for the free Nero Mega Plugin Pack. It may come in handy.
Thanks so much again.
All the best,
Hugh[/QUOTE]

You’re welcome…those plugins are of course not the latest versions but you’ll get full mp3 and flac support,besides some other goodies…:bigsmile:

Yes, only that quirk plugin… time to get rid of Nero and use another tool like audacity etc pp. for audiostuff.

I use Nero 6 Ultra still because it, and version 7, have the easiest method to create a “Best Of” DVD structure under it’s RECODE option.

But there is a warning…

Version 6.614 is the last ‘good’ version and there is an update 6.615 that strips out even more services. At the time of it’s release, this “update” was barely mentioned because Nero-Ahead had not been able to successfully renegotiate their inclusion of some MP3 filters and converters.

So, they were forced - legally - to issue 6.615’s update to strip those services out.

The solution? Uninstall Nero 6 and all of its updates, reinstall the prior version from CD, then apply updates up to 6.614 and stop there.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2661863]I use Nero 6 Ultra still because it, and version 7, have the easiest method to create a “Best Of” DVD structure under it’s RECODE option.

But there is a warning…

Version 6.614 is the last ‘good’ version and there is an update 6.615 that strips out even more services. At the time of it’s release, this “update” was barely mentioned because Nero-Ahead had not been able to successfully renegotiate their inclusion of some MP3 filters and converters.

So, they were forced - legally - to issue 6.615’s update to strip those services out.

The solution? Uninstall Nero 6 and all of its updates, reinstall the prior version from CD, then apply updates up to 6.614 and stop there.[/QUOTE]
Many thanks Christine, I’ll give that a try.