NERO Transcoding problems

I’m having problems with Nero whenever it needs to convert anything from one format to another, specifically AVI files to DVD and MP3 to CD audio.

The CDs made from the MP3 files turn out very very skippy. The MP3 files are fine on the computer, and if I burn just an MP3 (data) disk, those files are fine as well.

The DVDs that I make from the AVI files suck. 90% of the time, there is a visible “glitch” on the screen while I’m watching the TV show. Once that glitch occurs, the audio and video are out of sync for the rest of the episode. Sometimes this happens more than once on one DVD, though after the first time I’m usually so disgusted that I go watch the .AVI on the computer. DVDs ripped and burned normally (e.g. with DVDShrink) are also no problem.

All of this leads me to the conclusion that NERO has no f*cking idea what they’re doing when it comes to transcoding. Does anyone else out there have this problem, and does anyone know how to correct it?

Oh yeah, I recently installed Nero 7 and since uninstalled it for the reasons listed above. I reverted back to Nero 6.6.x.x (i forget the actual version, can look later if needed), but the problem persists. dammit.

you know what, never mind. Nero sucks. Just switched to Roxio. Haven’t had any problem with MP3 -> audio CD at all. When I do an AVI to DVD conversion, I’ll post the results here as well.

Make sure you get the latest update to EMC 8 if that is what you are using. The AVI to DVD conversion does not work in the original version.

For MP3 to Audio CD try Burrrn (www.burrrn.net). It’s free , handles loads of input formats & does a nice job. As it’s free you’ve nothing to loose.