Nero TIP : Show actual write speed!

Originally posted by rdgrimes

do you mean Nero re-sets it every time you burn? Mine did this once and I cured it by re-installing Nero and updating it in increments, ie: 5.5.7.8 - 5.5.8.0 - 5.5.8.2 - 5.5.9.0, etc, etc.

Yep. Setting the values and starting Nero doesn’t change anything, but as soon as I have burned a disc the values are reset. (I am currently running v5.5.9.14.)

nope , not at each time you burn
the reset is made when you upgrade nero
just apply the tweak after an upgrade and voilÃ

I think I know what I see here: It is reset whenever I have burnt a cd.

the reset is made when you upgrade nero

I’ve upgraded once or twice and the setting has not reverted, still showing actual speed. I think some folks may get confused because it doesn’t start showing the actual speed till after the burn starts.

Originally posted by rdgrimes

I’ve upgraded once or twice and the setting has not reverted, still showing actual speed. I think some folks may get confused because it doesn’t start showing the actual speed till after the burn starts.

The weird thing here is it doesn’t change anything. And I insist on it: The setting is reset afterwards.

There might be a problem because I have a 12x Generic CRD-RW2 (SCSI, fixed speed) and a Lite-On 32x (IDE, CAV-Z).

That’s what mine did until I re-installed and updated in increments, pretty weird.

I currently run 5.5.9.14 and according to luise, for me too, the key is resetting. I’v got 2 entry ShowSingleRecorderSpeed. I uninstall nero, clean up the registry, and reinstall nero. and i’ve got again 2 entry. i change the 2, but nothing, it’s always reseting.

Originally posted by Ozzii
I currently run 5.5.9.14 and according to luise, for me too, the key is resetting. I’v got 2 entry ShowSingleRecorderSpeed. I uninstall nero, clean up the registry, and reinstall nero. and i’ve got again 2 entry. i change the 2, but nothing, it’s always reseting.

Maybe I am wrong, but does ‘ShowSingleRecorderSpeed’ mean “If have a single recorder, display actual speed” ???

Also, me think I read something about that in latest Nero changelog…

Changes From Nero 5.5.9.14 to 5.5.9.17
Bug Fixes:

• Fixed write speed display for some DVD/CD-RW drives in combination with some media
             ;) Martin

Regarding this “ShowSingleRecorderSpeed” setting – is this only useful for ZoneCLV CDRW drives (the write speed bumps up at each ‘zone’)?

But for CLV drives (eg writing at 16x CLV), then the speed stays constant at 16x speed? Or will the speed also change up or down when this setting is enabled?

Works fine with my Bundled Nero 5.5.8.2 which came with a Liteon or Sony (Liteon OEM) burner, dont remeber which.

Hello!

Nothing works, it reset to 0 when i press the burn-button in Nero

Re-install Nero and try again.

Hello!

I tried it, and installed 5.5.4.2; it´s the same again, Nero sets (when i open Nero and start burn) the registry from 1 to 0

Have you condisered updating Nero?

Hello!

I tried it with 5.5.4.2

Updated to 5.5.9.10.0

Tried again, same effect

I can chnage the key from 0 to 1, when i start nero, it´s still 1. But when i start a burn process, it changes from 1 to 0.

If i change the key, when nero started, it takes no effect, Nero still show the default; when i start a burn-process, the key stays, but->no effect.

If I start Nero again and start a burn-process-> changed again from 1 to 0

It´s strange, before i install my WinXP new, it worked

I had the same thing a long while back, and as i recall, i had to update Nero in increments to get it working again. Ala- 5.5.7.8 to 5.5.8.0 to 5.5.8.2, etc, etc. Perhaps one of those versions has the magic key?

Hello!

Maybe, i test in the next days some different versions of Nero

Thanks

Hello!

I got it

It was the:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder]

But i looked in the: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

My mistake, sorry

Cool tip, thanks man :slight_smile:

I’ve got a Q have any of the ppl that have problmes with the reg Key reseting under XP checked to see if they have admin access im not a Regestry expert but… if the key is curent user and user doesn’t have admin access maby that is why the chenges dont stick just a thought…