Nero TIP : Show actual write speed!

great tip - works really well with my Lite-On 40125S & nero 5.5.9.0

Yepz, it works :slight_smile:

I also changed to ShowDriveBufferStatus to “1”, but I don’t see any difference…

hey wait… what’s this?

Damn my LiteOn is fast :slight_smile:

cool no need to overclock with patched firmware anymore

do you think i can overclock my old 4x to 64x??? :bigsmile:

Jesus !!! :confused:

Something’s definetely wrong here … :rolleyes:

What are you “feeding” your litie with Dee-ehn? :stuck_out_tongue:

i think he feeds it with hot chilly/peppers

hot hot? red hot??:stuck_out_tongue:

i like by the way esp the video :smiley: :cool:

Anyone else notice that in the above mentioned regestry branch, there is an option for RAW writing? Anybody played with this one? Currectly set to 0 on mine.:confused:

but surely it would toggle raw/ un-raw writing, which is pretty useless

Great trick. I think the speed is actually calculated, based on transfer rate from PC to drive and the response return time - a bit like ping time. Hey, but it doesn’t matter, so long as it is accurate. This is why Dee-ehn got over 48x.

I have Nero 5.599 and don’t see this key in my registry. Are you using XP?

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Search there for the DWORD ‘ShowSingleRecorderSpeed’ and right click on it and select ‘Modify’. This screen will appear:

Originally posted by Truman
Great trick. I think the speed is actually calculated, based on transfer rate from PC to drive and the response return time - a bit like ping time. Hey, but it doesn’t matter, so long as it is accurate. This is why Dee-ehn got over 48x.
Aha … so that’s why … it got me wondering whether he actually knew a way to OC it to 64x :bigsmile:

Originally posted by rmunde
[B]I have Nero 5.599 and don’t see this key in my registry. Are you using XP?

[/B]

You have to click on the Recorder branch, or you can put the following into a text editor and save it as something like nero.reg:


Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder]
"ShowSingleRecorderSpeed"=dword:00000001

Thanks. I thought others already had this key in the registry and it was missing from mine.

Originally posted by AutoBot
[B]

You have to click on the Recorder branch, or you can put the following into a text editor and save it as something like nero.reg:


Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder]
"ShowSingleRecorderSpeed"=dword:00000001
 [/B]

No problem, glad you got it worked out :wink:

Works as advertised. Way cool! Thanks.

Originally posted by AutoBot
No problem, glad you got it worked out :wink:

This tip is cool.

I had read it on the CDRLabs.com forum.

This works for me.

Anyone who doesn’t find the key in the registry, just burn something using nero & the key will appear.

Now change the value.

I have 5.9.9.9 also and found the value and the tweak works great :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks man :slight_smile:

Doesn’t work here; I am working with two recorders, one being a scsi drive and one an ide drive. Nero resets the value everytime it comes to printing.

Nero resets the value everytime it comes to printing.

do you mean Nero re-sets it every time you burn? Mine did this once and I cured it by re-installing Nero and updating it in increments, ie: 5.5.7.8 - 5.5.8.0 - 5.5.8.2 - 5.5.9.0, etc, etc.