Nero TIP : Show actual write speed!

I read this tip on the CDRLabs.com forum by a member called RaMaTz. By changing a value in your registry you can make Nero Burning Rom show you the actual write speed (instead of the speed you selected). I tested this with Windows XP and Nero verson 5.5.8.2 and it works great. Here is how to do it. Pics were made by me, credits go fully to RaMaTz:

Start Regedit via ‘Start, Run, Regedit’. The Registry Editor will be started. Now go to ‘HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder’:

The DWORD value in this screenshot has already been changed to 1, in your screen it will probably be 0

Search there for the DWORD ‘ShowSingleRecorderSpeed’ and right click on it and select ‘Modify’. This screen will appear:

Now set the value 0 to 1 as already done in the screenshot above (Value data). Press ok. Now just burn with Nero. Below a screenshot of the actual write speed now shown in Nero. These are two screenshots of the same write process. As you can see the speed changes from 16x to 20x (which is the max for this recorder).

A very neat trick as I see it. Give it a try! Now you will be able to tell the actual write speed instead of having to guess from the write time :wink:

For Nero 6 follow these steps:

[ol][li]Start-> Run-> type Regedit
[/li][li]Go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder”
[/li][li]Go to Edit-> New -> DWORD Value
[/li][li]Rename “New Value #1” to “ShowSingleRecorderSpeed”
[/li][li]Click on it and select “Modify”
[/li][*]Now set the value 0 to 1[/ol]Thnx AnOrO :wink:

nice…

Thanx for posting it here

many people want this feature

Sweeet think i am going to give it a try TNX!!! :slight_smile:

Had to burn some cd’s, this gives me an excellent chance to check it. Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

i saw also;

multiplerecorders 0

and

rawwrite 0

did any when play with those settings???

Nice tip G@M3FR3@K :slight_smile:

The lack of realtime info on the actual writing speed was kind of irritating.

Thanx for posting this here :wink:

Originally posted by diamandimitri
[b]i saw also;

multiplerecorders 0

and

rawwrite 0

did any when play with those settings???[/b]

Well these settings can be configured manually when you open the write/cddialog in nero. Why would you want to mess with these in the registry? :wink:

have to check that…

sorry…don’t use nero that often

Cool tip… I just LOVE messing around with my regisrtry!! :slight_smile:

me too…but Hemispasm won’t let me…lol

Perhaps someone with a bundled version of Nero can flip this switch and see if it unlocks the multiple recorder option?

Maybe it doesn’t work with all the writer because I have a Teac 24x and the reported speed remains 24x all the time ?
Why ?
I have the latest Nero 5.5.9.0

Well maybe it reaches 24x quite quicly so you don’t really see it changing.

Don’t know exactly how the teac 24x works, but it should start around 16x or 20x and reach 24x

Just tried this out and it works! Good tip! :slight_smile:

This doesn’t work with my bundled version, 5.5.8.0. any changes I make in the registry are reverted back as soon as i open Nero. Any suggestions?

Perhaps upgrade to version 5.5.9.0 ?

I have the latest version and it does the same thing…it’s not working for me either

I tried too, it works. My Yamaha CRW3200E seems to go a little more than 24x sometimes.

I played around with this for a while and never got the bundled version to work. Then, the retail version also would also not work until i updated it incrementally, in steps, to 5.5.9.0. That is, I installed 5.5.7.8 and updated to 5.5.8.0 - 5.5.8.2 - 5.5.9.0. Then it worked again. Go figure.

0 = shows nothing 1 shows actual write speed in win2k same key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder

thanks

Thanx nice tip… now lets see what it does :slight_smile: