About three weeks ago I made the mistake of "upgrading" from Nero OEM to Nero Ultra for $50 US.
I was given a new serial number which I entered after downloading the latest version.
My system froze when I tried to start Nero after this "upgrade" and I had to use XP System Restore to recover from this crash.
After searching this and several other forums, I ran the Nero Clean tool, re-installed the latest, entered the purchased serial number and... you guessed it, same result.
After several fruitless emails with Nero tech support, they seem to have given up trying to help. Here is their last email, that I replied to a week ago:
Dear Mr. Anderson,
unfortunately we really don't know what is causing this problem.
Please export the following registry path and attach it to your next mail:
HKLM\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\info
Very interessting are all entries which contain "serial6", like "serial6", "serial6_2"
and so on.
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
Fax +49 724 892 8499
NERO - BECAUSE TECHNOLOGY COUNTS
After my response to the above in which I provided the requested info I have heard absolutely nothing.
PS Let the buyer beware when "upgrading" Nero OEM software