Nero stopped working with Samsung Drive (Samsung DVD-SH873 DVD-Recorder)

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung DVD-SH873 DVD-Recorder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I use to burn without issue until I upgraded my mainboard. (I think that’s when it started) The burner works fine to read with, and shows up correctly in my hardware listing. But refuses to burn in XP or with Nero anymore.

First thing I tried was running the Nero CD/DVD Drive Speed utility to test and make sure it was working. I get the following error,

ERROR!
POWER ON, RESET, OR BUS DEVICE RESET OCCURRED (062900)

When I try to burn It just says that it could not perform fixation, burn process failed.

I checked to see if DMA was enabled and it seems to be. Anyone know whats going on, or anything to check?

EDIT: Sorry I put the wrong model in, its the Samsung SH-S182D
Thanks

Did you install an 80 wire IDE cable?

Using the same standard cable I have always used, same one that worked with it previously. Are you talking about a floppy drive size cable?

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2291182]Did you install an 80 wire IDE cable?[/QUOTE]Not required since this is a UDMA-2 drive. Retail version comes with 40wire cable.

Michael

Hi,[QUOTE=Aleforge;2291185]Using the same standard cable I have always used, same one that worked with it previously.[/quote]replacing the IDE cable by a new one isn’t bad idea here. Also make sure, [I]all [/I]connectors are properly seated and please tell us, what motherboard you are using now.

Are you talking about a floppy drive size cable?
No.
He was thinking of the lower of these cables here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ATA_cables.jpg

Michael

Hi aleforge, your problem seems to be very similar to one I used to have with my NEC ND-3540A dvd burner.

Though I didn’t upgrade my MB, the NEC burner would not burn dvd’s or cd’s but would read both which is kinda weird if you ask me.
I used my Nero program as well as CDburnerXP pro just so I could make sure it wasn’t the program itself.

Never did figure it out either, I just chalked it up to maybe the drive went out so I went and bought an LG GH22NP20 DVD burner from Newegg to replace it.

I also even tried a firmware upgrade too as a last ditch measure to see if maybe that could help but no dice.