Nero StartSmart?

Hello,
My LG GSA 2164D came with some software called Nero StartSmart. I can’t find out whether it is a version of Nero 6 or Nero 7, and am having lots of difficutly getting it to work. I’m just trying to burn mpeg2 files onto a DVD disc to watch on my television’s DVD player.

Does anyone know this software, and should it be able to burn movies onto a DVD disc? The only option in the software that looks perhaps appropriate is “Make Data DVD”. Is that the same as making a movie DVD?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum - this is my first post here.

When you start up the program, a splash screen comes on (if it’s V7) and lets you know what version it is.

In any case, start up the program, open say, Nero Burning ROM, click on ‘Help’ on the top bar, then ‘About’. That will definitely let you know what version it is.

Not sure you can convert in Nero, but you certainly can with a prog called DivXtoDVD. Convert in that then burn with Nero if you so desire.

nero startsmart is see threw i have just the frame the rest is see threw im runing vista

[QUOTE=ktpierce;1291282]Hello,
My LG GSA 2164D came with some software called Nero StartSmart. I can’t find out whether it is a version of Nero 6 or Nero 7, and am having lots of difficutly getting it to work. I’m just trying to burn mpeg2 files onto a DVD disc to watch on my television’s DVD player.

Does anyone know this software, and should it be able to burn movies onto a DVD disc? [B]The only option in the software that looks perhaps appropriate is “Make Data DVD”. Is that the same as making a movie DVD?
[/B]
Sorry if this is the wrong forum - this is my first post here.[/QUOTE]
No it’s not. This would work if you have a player that supports/plays naked (un-authored) MPEGs. You probably need to convert your MPEGs to DVD compliant files first, then burn as DVD-VIDEO. For the most part the versions of Nero supplied with burners will not do this conversion unless you pay to upgrade. It is suitable for general burning tasks, audio CD’s etc.

I suggest you get the free DVD Flick to make playable DVDs. There are many guides floating around.

http://www.dvdflick.net/guide/index_en.html

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f59/dvd-flick-basic-guide-228005/

Note the free, ancient, BETA [B]DivX[/B]toDVD is a poor choice.