Nero...someone, anyone?

vbimport

this nero program is driving me nuts and i cant get decent help from anyone including nero themselves but i joined this site in HOPE somone could have an answer to this…

the story is that i bought nero 8 ultra and came home to install it and everything seems to go ok until it gets up to the point where your asked to choose which formats it will support and so on and then it says next… when i click next it freezes… right there evrytime… ill go into task manager and click end task and then select wait for program to respoind… then i wait… after a few minutes it responds and it seems to have worked… i click finish the icons are there… but then i go to use startsmart and it says “fatal error, corrupted installation and somthing about registry code invalid”… and ive also tried it again but to end task… once i end task it says that there was a problum with the installation and windows will find a solution… when it does it says that theres a problum with windows installer.

like i dont know which is it… just out of curiousity i uninstalled, and re-installed my microsoft office right after this and it installed just perfectly, so im pretty sure my windows installer is fine… this must be a problum with nero, ive read a couple forums about installation issues for other versions of nero as well… but it doesnt seem to get me anywhere… pleeeeeeeease help

Hi playazeyez and Welcome:

Use the Clean Tool Remover to remove Nero and restart. Don’t save any Nero settings but make certain you know your serial number (put it in a text file and copy’paste later when you need to use it).

http://www.nero.com/enu/tools-utilities.html#tab4

After removing and restarting, download the latest version of Nero 8. Add your serial number to make it a permanent install.

Don’t multi-task when install or removing Nero (don’t run e-mail or surf the net, etc.)

Let us know if this works and remember to use recommended media (Verbatim or TY, especially Verbatim for DL media).

[B]Addition: [/B]The default setting for Nero is to not install InCD. If somehow you ever end up in a situation where it looks like InCD has been selected for installation, change it (InCD is a packet writing software program and is not regarded as being anything but a headache and a source of problems).

thx jeff i just go the clean tool the only thing is i cant find nero 8 anywhere…

The clean tool link is the upper screen shot. The lower arrow points to the download and the upper arrow shows you are on the General Clean Tool Remover tab . When you click on download, you are taken to the second lower screen shot. Click on “save”.

i got the cleaner… i just cant find a version of nero 8 anywhere… nero’s website only has 9 trial availible…

before buying it i tried finding a torrent of nero 8 and the file ended up not working so i wonder if that had screwed up nero in my computer somhow… i deleted the items and then cleared out my trashcan but i rememeber there was one i couldent delete… wud u have any tips on deleteing that file cuz i think it my have somthing to do with this…?

I screwed up and gave you the link to Nero 8 (sorry). The clean tool remover is the same file.

Here is the link for Nero 9 (you will need to give them an e-mail address before the download).

if i download nero 9… will i still be able to use the serial that came with nero 8?

[QUOTE=playazeyez;2145194]before buying it i tried finding a torrent of nero 8 and the file ended up not working so i wonder if that had screwed up nero in my computer somhow… i deleted the items and then cleared out my trashcan but i rememeber there was one i couldent delete… wud u have any tips on deleteing that file cuz i think it my have somthing to do with this…?[/QUOTE]

Ouch - Nero provides a trial period which is somewhat generous (I think it’s 15 days). Torrents under the conditions you described are against forum rules and are a no - no for CDF members to provide assistance. Besides, you never know quite what you’ll get when you download from a torrent site.

One of the things that’s different about Nero 9 is that it installs without removing previous versions.

[quote=playazeyez;2145197]if i download nero 9… will i still be able to use the serial that came with nero 8?[/quote]You will probably have to pay a bit extra to upgrade Nero 8 to Nero 9, but previous versions are available from the Nero site. Try this link for the page to download the Nero 8 update (~188 MB).

Use the cleaning tool as suggested by [B]jeff53404[/B] before installing, then register using your purchased serial number.

Also, just to echo [B]jeff53404[/B], we are not able to help with getting either illegally-distributed copies or serial numbers working.

There is a nero 8 ultra edition trial available at download .com

15-day trial, installable until October 30, 2008

may that will help u…