Nero Smartstart error WinXP Pro

vbimport

Can anyone help.

Have just upgraded from 5.5.10.42 to 6.00.11.

Downloaded latest versions from nero website. Uninstalled v5.5, used nero clean tool to remove all traces.

Installed new version. Initially with no problems, all applications started up seamlessly from Smartstart application. However, it did try on a number of occasions to connect to the internet (cancelled it).

Having unlocked Nero 6.0 with registration key, still worked ok.

PC was the left unattended at desktop.

On return, tried to start Smartstart again, however ‘encountered a problem and must close’ window came up, giving error in Kernel32.

Looked at Dr Watson log, which shows ‘Access violation c0000005’ could not find symbol file ?.

Can anyone shed any light on this frustrating issue ?

Please note that all the suite applications work Ok from the start menu, appart from SmartStart !!!

Many Thanks

sjet2002.:confused:

had the same problem myself, after much distress i created a new patition on my hard drive, about 5gb in size . reinstalled nero 6 to this drive and so far no more problems, hope this helps!

Originally posted by sjet2002

Please note that all the suite applications work Ok from the start menu, appart from SmartStart !!!

That’s right and that’s why I’ve always ignored it, unchecking those boxes @ installation.
Besides, AFAIK, the problem is not new.