Nero Smart start 8

vbimport

When i try to copy a dvd In Nero Smart Start 8 i get “unexpected int exception” and it wont copy. Could you tell me how to fix it please. Im on Windows 7:)

I try to copy a dvd in Nero Smart Start 8 and when i click on copy [B]“unexpected[/B] [B]int exception” [/B] comes up and it wont copy. It copied an already copied dvd movie ok. It`s a new computer with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8. Any ideas please?:cool:

I omitted to mention, Nero Smart Start 8 copies dvds ok (no unexpected intexception) on my other computer Windows XP.

I’ve merged your two threads. Please don’t make two separate threads on the same subject.

Got no help for you I’m afraid, as I gave up on Nero years ago.

Kerry56-

I’ve merged your two threads. Please don’t make two separate threads on the same subject.

Got no help for you I’m afraid, as I gave up on Nero years ago.I’ve merged your two threads. Please don’t make two separate threads on the same subject

Not intentional-everybody makes mistakes. Now, as you don`t like Nero Smart Start what about an alternative please.

I use ImgBurn for all my burns these days. It is free to use. www.imgburn.com

If you want a complete copy of a disk that is not encrypted, make an ISO file of it using ImgBurn, then burn that to a new disk. Very simple.

Kerry56-
"I use ImgBurn for all my burns these days. It is free to use. www.imgburn.com

If you want a complete copy of a disk that is not encrypted, make an ISO file of it using ImgBurn, then burn that to a new disk. Very simple."

Could you give me a little guide to copy a disc? Attached

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Put the disk you want to copy into your dvd drive.

ImgBurn starts in EZmode these days. Click on [I]Create image file from disc.[/I]

That puts you in Read mode. Now select a destination on the hard drive where you want the ISO file. Then click on the Disk to file icon to start the process.

Once done, remove the original disk from the drive and replace with a blank dvd. Now, go to Write Mode within ImgBurn. Navigate to the ISO file you just made and select it. Set your burning speed, then start the burn.

Kerry56- Put the disk you want to copy into your dvd drive.

ImgBurn starts in EZmode these days. Click on Create image file from disc.

That puts you in Read mode. Now select a destination on the hard drive where you want the ISO file. Then click on the Disk to file icon to start the process.

Once done, remove the original disk from the drive and replace with a blank dvd. Now, go to Write Mode within ImgBurn. Navigate to the ISO file you just made and select it. Set your burning speed, then start the burn.

Thanks a lot. Will Imgburn burn any size disc?:slight_smile:

Yes, Imgburn will burn any type of recordable disk. It is very good at selecting layer breaks for double layer dvds by the way. And it will burn both 25 and 50gb blu ray as well.

Its only real weakness is burning audio cds, but I use it to make cue files for audio cds, then burn from the cue file. And as far as I am aware, it still doesn’t support multi-session burns.

Kerry56-
"Yes, Imgburn will burn any type of recordable disk. It is very good at selecting layer breaks for double layer dvds by the way. And it will burn both 25 and 50gb blu ray as well.

Its only real weakness is burning audio cds, but I use it to make cue files for audio cds, then burn from the cue file. And as far as I am aware, it still doesn’t support multi-session burns."

Thanks again.:cool: