Nero slowing my system down

vbimport

my system slows down extremely while burning dvd using nero 7…i thought it was problem with nero…but it happened even while using cdburner pro…also while copying a dvd…this is happening since last 3 days…my dvds still get burnt fine but it takes around 36 mins every time…and my system feels junk…please help…

Check if DMA is enabled :slight_smile:

See in my signature if you don’t know how to do :slight_smile:

in my pri IDE channel device 0 shows ultra dma mode 2 and device 1 shows current transfer mode as pio mode…i changed the transfer mode to dma if available and restarted the system still it did not change…so what to do next???

Uninstall your secondary IDE channel and reboot windows will redetect the channel and the drives on it. Then you should have your DMA mode not the PIO.

i went to regedit hkey local machine\system\currentcontrolset\control\class\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} then searched each of those files forprimary ide then deleted 2 files named master and slave devicechecksum…and restarted…now my dma has come back…thank u for ur advice but i got worried to uninstall my ide drivers…that link u gave told me [I]([B]Added note:[/B] DO NOT delete the IDE channel if your hard drive containing Windows is also on that channel! An alternative to deleting the channel can be found in [/I][I]this thread[/I][I]. -C64K)[/I] i didnt understand what he was telling …but now my system is fine …<!-- google_ad_section_end -->