Nero SDK questions

vbimport

Hello,

I am totally new in using Nero SDK (actually I just downloaded the SDK).

What I first would lik to know is:

a) Can I use it with Delphi 7? I didn’t find any COM/ACTIVE-X components in the SDK yet…

b) Can I enable my delphi application to (re-)write /erase/close CD-R/RW, DVD-R, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW using Nero SDK?

c) How much does it cost to buy a full license for distributing my application with Nero writing functionality?

Thanks a lot,

Andy

Hi,
Yes You can use SDK V1.3 (NeroCOM) with Delphi 7. I have made test NeroFiddlesCOM and somewhat I managed to burn a file (MP3 actually) although it had length of 0 bytes :frowning:
You must import NeroCOM as ActiveX (Type Library) and after that You can work in Delphi. But there are some inconsistencies with COM rules in NeroCom so it won’t be so easy as using PDF ActiveX library from Adobe…

Best regards,
Goran

Hi Goran,

thanks a lot for your reply - at the moment I am using Numediasoft’s DVDWriter Pro, but I have some problems with it.

I would prefer using NeroCom, but the license system is very very bad and I cannot use it for my customers this way. :frowning:

Do you know other CD/DVD active-x components for writing on cd AND dvd? You can send it to andy@ascomp.de, if it is not allowed to post other products in here.

Best regards,

Andy

DVDWriterPro Single Developer License = $1,199.00
after that you pay $679.00 per year for updates and there is no guarantee it will work with your customers writer…

Magic CD Burner ActiveX $200, no support, many problems, bad choice…

NeroCom needs Nero 6 and that costs €49,99 per licence.

Just add it to your programms requirements.
(CPU Speed, Ram, CD/DVDWriter supported by Nero6, Windows XX, Nero6)

NeroCom does need a better manual and more samples though…

If you buy 3 lisences of Nero 6.0 you get 20% off. The cost will be about 40 euro/lisence.

Jan

I would prefer using NeroCom, but the license system is very very bad and I cannot use it for my customers this way. :frowning:

What exactly is so bad that you can’t use it?

We’re selling a backup software which should have no needs of any extern software products such as nero.

If there would be a possibility to pay e.g. 10.000 USD for getting the license to distribute our software using NeroCOM without the need of having Nero installed on the target system, it would be a solution for us. But not with these requirements. :-/

There might be a possibility to buy a special license for NeroAPI/NeroCOM to be distributed with your software. But this is only possible for high quantity of licenses.

Please send an email to nerosdk@nero.com to get details about this.

Please read this carefully before sending an email:
To avoid misunderstandings: Normally, users of applications using NeroAPI/NeroCOM will need to have a normal Nero version installed. Only in special cases with a very high quantity of licenses there might be a possibility to integrate an own NeroAPI version in your application.
If you send an email for asking for this possibility, please include information about:

• What functionality of NeroSDK does your application exactly use?
  • What are the number of licenses of NeroAPI you would like to buy?

If you can use C++ (DLL) API:

There is perfectly good CD engine at http://www.hpcde.com. The license policy is one single license fee.

There are no additional royalties or any requirements for the type of the application you are building and you do not have to have any applications installed on your system.

The run-time is only 350KB. Static C++ libraries are available upon licensing.

The library currently supports only CDs though. DVD will be available in January 2004.

:stuck_out_tongue:
I have downlaoded hpCDE SDK , but when I complied the sample codes ,a erro will be found, which is “a LIB file miss”. :eek:

Originally posted by galeshan211
:stuck_out_tongue:
I have downlaoded hpCDE SDK , but when I complied the sample codes ,a erro will be found, which is “a LIB file miss”. :eek:

Please build the samples in Debug and Release. Libs are not available for Release_Static_MD and Release_Static_MT configuarations.

How much does HPCDE cost ?

I saw in their website, and it supports DVD movie now.