Nero SDK 1.02 Packet Writing?

vbimport

:bow:

Dear Sir:

I have some questions regarding Nero SDK 1.01 and 1.02.

Your detailed answer will be highly appreciated.

(1) A license contract is required if I want to use all functions of Nero SDK ? If it is, what license contract is required and how can I do that ?

(2) Are there any limitation (for instance, burning speed,…) if I use Nero SDK 1.02 after downloading from your web-site ?

(3) Is the Packet Writing function that was added at Nero SDK 1.02 same as the function of InCD ?

(4) Are there more information more than manual for the Packet Writing function that was added at Nero SDK 1.02 ?

(5) Do I have to install InCD if I want to use the Packet Writing function that was added at Nero SDK 1.02 ?

(6) Can I write/erase BYTE data on UDF formatted CDrom as like Hard Disk if I use Nero SDK 1.02 ?

I am looking forward to hearing your quick response.

Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

JunSung Huh

<i>(1) A license contract is required if I want to use all functions of Nero SDK ? If it is, what license contract is required and how can I do that ?</i>
You can find the license agreement in the file NeroSDK_License.txt in the NeroSDK package. To be able to work with NeroAPI you additionally need a license of Nero Burning Rom. Additionally, all computers on which you want your application running on, need a valid Nero Burning Rom license.

<i>(2) Are there any limitation (for instance, burning speed,…) if I use Nero SDK 1.02 after downloading from your web-site ?</i>
The limitations depend on the Nero Burning Rom license you have installed on the computer.

<i>(3) Is the Packet Writing function that was added at Nero SDK 1.02 same as the function of InCD ?</i>
No.

<i>(4) Are there more information more than manual for the Packet Writing function that was added at Nero SDK 1.02 ?</i>
No.

<i>(5) Do I have to install InCD if I want to use the Packet Writing function that was added at Nero SDK 1.02 ?</i>
No.

<i>(6) Can I write/erase BYTE data on UDF formatted CDrom as like Hard Disk if I use Nero SDK 1.02 ?</i>
You can read and write sectors.

I appreciate for your kind reply.

I understood the license part clearly.

But still, it is very hard to understand Packet Writing part.

(1) It says Nero SDK 1.02 reads and writes in Sector unit. Than, a CD-R which is written in Sector unit is readable in CD-ROM of other computer normally? Or should we develop software which reads in Sector unit by using Nero SDK 1.02?

(2) Does ¡°Write in Sector unit¡± mean ¡°write a certain sector and add another sector next time¡± as Multi Session? Or does this simply mean that one format of writing a data is Sector unit? ( as Disk at Once )

We greatly appreciate for you providing such a nice Nero SDK and we would wait for your kind and detailed reply.

We wish you to have a great day today.

from jshuh

Originally posted by jshuh
[B]I appreciate for your kind reply.

I understood the license part clearly.

But still, it is very hard to understand Packet Writing part.

(1) It says Nero SDK 1.02 reads and writes in Sector unit. Than, a CD-R which is written in Sector unit is readable in CD-ROM of other computer normally? Or should we develop software which reads in Sector unit by using Nero SDK 1.02?

-> NeroSDK packet writing support is limited to
a) reading sectors for CD-R media
b) read/write access to sector of CD-RW media already
formatted
in packet writing mode. This requirement also applies for
DVD-RW media, DVD+RW media can be written to without
prior formatting
Anything required besides lowlevel read/write access
(like filesystem drivers) needs to be developed by
yourself since the current version of NeroSDK does not
provide access to packet writing media on a filesystem level

(2) Does ¡°Write in Sector unit¡± mean ¡°write a certain sector and add another sector next time¡± as Multi Session? Or does this simply mean that one format of writing a data is Sector unit? ( as Disk at Once )

-> NeroSDK packet writing will always overwrite sectors already
existing on the medium. NeroSDK does not provide support
to format a packet writing medium, neither physically nor
logically.

We greatly appreciate for you providing such a nice Nero SDK and we would wait for your kind and detailed reply.

We wish you to have a great day today.

from jshuh [/B]

thank you for your kind reply…

:eek:

NeroSDK packet writing support is limited to…

but…

nero is world best product

bye bye