Nero says burn complete, but cd still blank

vbimport

Hello, i encountered this problem a few days ago. I tried burning a video cd in nero (6.3) it said that burn process was successful so i proceeded with the program, then tried opening the cd on my other cd rom drive. But it doesnt have anything on it, then i tried to open it on my combo drive, and it is still blank.
I tried to use another blank media, but it’s still the same. Earlier i tried using my external bantam backpack writer, the system doesnt even recognised the blank media i inserted. Then i tried using my cd-rw media i use for back-up. Both the combo and the external drive detected it. But when i tried writing a file in it using either combo or external drives, i get the message, “the file in the cd is write protected” or something like that.

Is there something wrong with my OS? Or does it have anything to do with NERO?

I have been successfully using both drives for more than a year now, the last time i successfully burned with my combo drive was a 2 weeks ago.

The most recent software i have installed is the AVG Free antivirus. I wonder if they are related.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments/suggestions.

You make any changes lately?

Last time I heard of something similar to this the default writer in Nero was changed to Image writer, and the burn complete was an ISO on the HDD.

Have you selected the option “simulation” before you write cd? If so uncheck.

No, i check that box everytime i try to burn a cd, if its pointing to image writer, or to any of my cd writers. The “Simulation” check box is also unchecked.

I am suspecting there’s something wrong with my drive’s drivers.

What’s ASPI btw? And is it needed for cd writing?

PS

My system is AthlonXP, Nforce2 chipset, samsung cdrw/dvd SM-352F F/W:T902, external bantam backpack lpt connection.

No, i check that box everytime i try to burn a cd, if its pointing to image writer, or to any of my cd writers. The “Simulation” check box is also unchecked.

I am suspecting there’s something wrong with my drive’s drivers.

What’s ASPI btw? And is it needed for cd writing?

PS

My system is AthlonXP, Nforce2 chipset, samsung cdrw/dvd SM-352F F/W:T902, external bantam backpack lpt connection. on windows xp sp2, avg free, nero 6.3.1.10, inCD 2.4