Nero releases Nero 2018 Platinum

Originally published at: https://www.myce.com/news/nero-releases-nero-2018-platinum-82557/

Nero has launched the 2018 version of its multimedia suite. Over the years the software has transformed from mainly a burning application to a full fledged multimedia suite that is able to burn, copy, create, edit, rip, convert, play and stream media content.

[quote]Over the years the software has transformed from mainly a burning application to a full fledged multimedia suite[/quote]This is where they lost the user base. They forgot whom got them where they are now and now they are relegated to distant past memories. Nero 6 Pro was the last and best version every made and since it doesn’t work well with Windows 7-I haven’t tried to load on Windows 10 but if 7 was any indication then it probably won’t play will in 10 either. They should go back to basic that made it a household name but unfortunately they seem to have their heads to high where the sun don’t shine and forgot.

[quote=“coolcolors, post:2, topic:399207”]
They should go back to basic that made it a household name but unfortunately they seem to have their heads to high where the sun don’t shine and forgot.
[/quote]They would have a very small user base if they did that. In the grand shape of things, hardly anyone writes optical media these days. most people just stream their digital content.

[quote=“Dee, post:3, topic:399207, full:true”]

Ask that to those whom doesn’t have access to digital content. Not everyone has this access nor can they afford to had this hardware at home. So one is assuming to much here even in this day a age digital content isn’t equal across the board for everyone. You can’t survive by eating digital content. I work in a library institution and you can see first hand whom has access and whom doesn’t.

[quote=“coolcolors, post:4, topic:399207”]
Ask that to those whom doesn’t have access to digital content. Not everyone has this access nor can they afford to had this hardware at home. So one is assuming to much here even in this day a age digital content isn’t equal across the board for everyone. You can’t survive by eating digital content. I work in a library institution and you can see first hand whom has access and whom doesn’t.
[/quote]It’s quite amusing how you try to twist what people actually say into something that will allow you to make your rant.
Nowhere did I say ‘everyone’ I said “most”. If one was to buy Nero Burning ROM, to only burn optical media, then one would naturally assume they must already have the hardware at home to burn the media, and some digital content to burn onto that media.

@Dee

You´re right :slight_smile: , but don´t feed the trolls.

10 years ago almost everybody used Nero for burning, I do it with old Nero 7 and Nero 12 Essentials still. But if .I look at ppl who don´t burn often, they mostly use a freeware like CDBurnerXP. And nobody of them will buy today Nero for burning

Yep, 10 years ago, I would look forward to the new CD-DVD Speed , and other options in Nero, but I do not burn media anymore so Nero has no place on my computer because none of its options will help me do what I need. I agree with Wendy.

Virtually everyone I know still burns discs of some sort, at least once in a while. The problem is it can be done quite competently by free software or even by Windows these days.

Nero had to branch out into other areas to stay alive but now it is trying to be all things to all people, and that doesn’t always work. Cyberlink and others have had to do similar.

As roho said, there are any number of good free burning programs these days; eg. ImgBurn, AnyBurn, CDBurnerXP, BurnAware Free to name just a few.