NERO: Refuses to burn a .nrg Nero image file

vbimport

Hello all. I just faced a strange problem. Im trying to burn a .nrg Nero image file that is 4.43 gigabyte big, its an image file of a dvd movie. Im trying to burn it with my HP DVD200i DVD burner using Nero 5590. Nero recognizes my burner OK, tells me its a dvd burner and supports dvd+r/rw and cd-r/rw. No problem there. But.......when i try to burn the image Nero pukes at me and tells me that i need another kind of media in the burner. I´ve got a dvd+rw disc in there but Nero wants a cd-r/rw disc......dunno whats wrong here, Nero, as i wrote, comfirms that it is a DVD burner im trying to use but refuses to write the image file to a dvd+rw disc............?.....any hints?

Did you enable Nero’s dvd options??
File -->preferences–>expert settings–>“Enable image recorder for all supported recorder formats”
Restart Nero,and in the “new compilation window”,left corner,now you can choose:cd,ddcd and dvd…

Originally posted by roadworker
Did you enable Nero’s dvd options??
File -->preferences–>expert settings–>“Enable image recorder for all supported recorder formats”
Restart Nero,and in the “new compilation window”,left corner,now you can choose:cd,ddcd and dvd…

No, actually i had not done that so i did, but it didnt changed the fact that Nero refuses to accept my .nrg image:-(…still want to burn it on a cd-r/rw disc instead of using the dvd+rw disc that is present in the dvd burner…very very strange

Dude,are u using the “File–>burn image” option?
Try this instead:new compilation–>select"dvd copy"–>“image”,specify the path for your .nrg file and try to burn the new imagefile…

Dude,are u using the “File–>burn image” option?
Try this instead:new compilation–>select"dvd copy"–>“image”,specify the path to your .nrg file and burn…

Yeah, exactly, using the “burn image” option:-)…i´ll try your suggestion (wich by the way sounds like the way to do it) and see if it works…thank you all so far!:slight_smile:

No, no show. Nero wont let me choose an image file to burn using the mentioned method…the only thing i can do is to specify where the temp image file will be stored during the burn process…nothing more…this is truly weird imho

Yep…I know,English is not my native language,that’s why I’ve edited my post…after reading it again,it looked like you could use the old imagefile,I actually mentioned you have to make a new imagefile of the dvd,and try to burn that 1,the “copy dvd” option can work in 2 steps: on the fly or using a temporary imagefile…

Ps:did you try another dvd?

Yes, i have burned several dvd´s but not with Nero, im using RecordNow MAX, and there´s no problem at all burning pre-made image files with that program. Its basically the same operation, choose recorder, load the image file and burn…sw0000sh…no problem…but now i´ve got this pre-made .nrg image as i said before and Nero wont burn it:-(…keeps nagging about me having to use a cd-r or rw, not a dvd+r…why?..this must be a bug…is there any virtual cd/dvd player like Daemon or Fantom CD that can mount .nrg images? In that case i can mount the image and compile a new dvd from there or maybe just a dvd copy to the dvd+rw disc?..otherwise this will drive me crazy!:frowning:

I dunno about FantomCd supporting .nrg files now…the former versions didn’t…
DaemonTools normally doesn’t,they have an agreement with Ahead to pay a fee for that option…What about mounting it with Nero’s own Imagedrive?

I dunno about FantomCd supporting .nrg files now…the former versions didn’t…
DaemonTools normally doesn’t,they have an agreement with Ahead to pay a fee for that option…What about mounting it with Nero’s own Imagedrive?

Thats what i call a brilliant idea!:-)…why didnt i think about that myself:-)?..no other virtual drives will mount .nrg as far as i´ve seen. But that solves the problem temporarily, the question is why Nero wont burn this friggin´ image on my dvd+rw?

Update: That didnt work either, the DriveImage installer just crasches right in my sorry face:-(…no go there:-(…hmmmm looks like there will be no sleep for me this night:-(((((((((((((

Well, i finally made it using the method with installing Nero DriveImage and mount the .nrg file with it. Then just a simple dvd copy. But this is soooooo weird, Nero refuses to write a .nrg image of CDROM mode1 type to a dvd+rw!!!.. i consider that as a major bug!!! Just because its a CDROM image it must be written to a cd-r/cd-rw according to the utterly lame programmers at Ahead:-(…away goes Nero from my harddrive, thats one thing that is sure!!!..yikes:-(