Nero Recode - Which Audio Tracks?

I noticed that some DVD’s have multiple Dolby 2.1 tracks, in addition to one Dolby 5.1 and most of the time one DTS track.

Why the multiple Dolby 2.1 tracks? I’ve started un-selecting them to make more room for the DTS. So far, no problem.

Do you folks setup your Nero Recode profile to select “All Tracks” when analyzing the DVD, and then select what you want?

I do want my burnt DVD’s to be playable on most players and need the 2.1 track, but want to make room for Dolby 5.1 and DTS also.

In the example I gave above, all of the 2.1 Dolby tracks were the same size: around 113Mb each. I would have thought they would have been a different size if they had been commentaries, trailers, etc.

Thanks for any replies!

Don’t the answers satisfy you from your cdr-zone post?

If you are referring to the Main Movie, seeing the same size tracks could refer to the different commentaries, or the different movie language. Just right-click on the preview and select the audio track and play. Then decide if you want to keep it or not.

“All tracks” in your profile just tells the program to automatically multiple tracks in the same language. This is just your preference.

I usually deselect DTS since 5.1 is good enough, and also because of size. The bottom line is the less track you keep, the better the video quality will be.

Thanks Toad dub… That helps.