Nero Recode freezes (stops responding) when i try to import a DVD

I am using Nero 7 Ultra ver. 7.0.1.4. I select import DVD from Recode and when the menu opens and I select the DVD title. At this point Recode freezes up Windows and I have to use the hardware reset button to reboot as <ctl><alt><delete> just gives me a blue screen. I am using an Asus DVD-E616P3 firmware 1.07 as the dvd reader and a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109 firmware 1.58 writer. Hardware Info: Windows XP Pro ver 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2 AMD Semptron 2800T 2.00 Ghz with 480MB ram. Using an 85 Gig boot drive and a 200 Gig data drive. I have been running AnyDvd 5.6.3.1 and CloneDvd2 2.8.5.1 from Slysoft for months without any problems. I just got Nero7 Ultra because of all the extra programs it offers. No hardware or software probs of any kind other than this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :sad: :sad:

Happy Holidays,

MrTiggs

Could be any number of issues at play here. First off upgrade your AnyDVD to the latest version 5.7.2.1. Check for bad sectors on your hard drive. Also you might be trying ot rip a bad disc i.e has mastering errors, try a differnent copy. Hope this helps.
Diana

Same thing happens to me with Nero Recode 2 when I try to back up “The Cave”. I use AnyDVD 5.7.3.1, but Nero freezes, won’t even preview the disc. Had no problems using CloneDVD 2 to back it up, so something on that particular Title is conflicting with Nero.

Exact same thing here. :sad:

Hi,
same problem here using my Plextor 130 as reader.No prob.using as reader my Tosh SDR50002 or my Benq 1625.Seems to be a problem between Nero Recode and some readers .

Why dont you fellas rip the dvd into an iso and then mount it using daemon tools and then load it into recode from there. Might help with the freezing problem.

Diana

Same problem with the new movie " Half Light " with Demi Moore, no problems with Clone 2 but Recode freezes up.