Nero Recode 2 Problems

vbimport

Hi,

I have read some posts on here about similar problems I have seen with Recode 2, but I have not seen any remedies.

I have used Recode 2 in conjunction with Any DVD to do several backups, but all have had the same problem of periodic freezing, or won’t play at all in either my standalone or PC.

Yesterday I decided to do some testing. I used Nero Recode 2 (version 2.2.6.17) in conjunction with Any DVD (version 5.4.1.1) to backup a movie (Star Wars V). I used a Plextor 716 as the burner and a Liteon 5236 as the ripper. I used Sony Branded 8X YUDEN000-T02-00 media and burned at 8X. The results were the same as usual with the freezing and I couldn’t make a selection at the main menu of the movie.

I then decided to try backing up the same movie, on the same drive, using the same ripper, same media, same speed selected, using DVD Decryptor and DVD Shrink (latest versions), and the back up was perfect.

Just for kicks I tried backing up the movie using Roxio (latest version) DVD Copy with Any DVD running in the background. All settings were the same as my Recode test and media was the same. The results were a perfect back up with no freezes and title menus were selectable on my standalone as well as my PC.

Then I performed the same test using Any DVD and Clone DVD with all settings the same as the above tests, and a perfect back up was again created.

I then went back to Recode and performed another test burn just in case the first test had a bad disk out of ther batch, but the results were the same with freezing and unselectable menu items.

Lastly, and just in case there could possibly be some conflict with Roxio and Nero, I went to another machine and performed the same test using Recode. The only difference in this test was the burning drive which is an NEC 3540A. Results were the freezing in the same places. This machine does not have Roxio installed.

Having run all of these tests with the only variable being the software, I can only surmize that there is a problem with Recode and I was hoping any Nero experts could enlighten me as to what that may be.

Also, and although I didn’t perform the testing as described above, I have had similar results using Recode backing up other movies.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to put out as much information as possible.

Thanks in advance.

I posted this 2 weeks ago.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=143811

All is well so far after a media change and latest version of Recode. But then again they are diff. DVD’s I am backing up also.

I have been put off Recode a little, i do not really trust it. Still use DVDshrink most of the time.

Ya, I saw your post and as I mentioned, I didn’t see a response.

I highly doubt that my problem is media related simply because I ran all the tests using the same media and all but the two Recode tests worked. Also, I had the most up to date version of Recode during all the tests including the latest release by Nero.

I am going to stop using Recode also considering I have other alternatives. It really is to bad because I bought Nero 6.6 Ultra mainly for Recode. So, unless I find an answer somewhere, I will probably dump Nero all together as I have other means of making DVDs, CDs, etc.

Thanks for the reply.

I’m having the same probs too.
I use DVDDecrypter for creating an image, mount it with Daemon-tools, open it with Recode and encode it.
The result makes PowerDVD aswell as my standalone crash when selecting a title in the menu.

I tried the same with DVD Shrink: Perfect copy.

So, I switched back to Shrink, although Recode should be a little faster and achieve slightly better video-quality. :frowning:

I just upgraded to the Ultra Edition to get Recode also. I use DVD Decrypter to rip in file mode and then use Recode. No problems at all with about 8 of my DVD’s so far.

[QUOTE=Seeker2;1078076]Hi,

I have read some posts on here about similar problems I have seen with Recode 2, but I have not seen any remedies.

I have used Recode 2 in conjunction with Any DVD to do several backups, but all have had the same problem of periodic freezing, or won’t play at all in either my standalone or PC.

Yesterday I decided to do some testing. I used Nero Recode 2 (version 2.2.6.17) in conjunction with Any DVD (version 5.4.1.1) to backup a movie (Star Wars V). I used a Plextor 716 as the burner and a Liteon 5236 as the ripper. I used Sony Branded 8X YUDEN000-T02-00 media and burned at 8X. The results were the same as usual with the freezing and I couldn’t make a selection at the main menu of the movie.

I then decided to try backing up the same movie, on the same drive, using the same ripper, same media, same speed selected, using DVD Decryptor and DVD Shrink (latest versions), and the back up was perfect.

Just for kicks I tried backing up the movie using Roxio (latest version) DVD Copy with Any DVD running in the background. All settings were the same as my Recode test and media was the same. The results were a perfect back up with no freezes and title menus were selectable on my standalone as well as my PC.

Then I performed the same test using Any DVD and Clone DVD with all settings the same as the above tests, and a perfect back up was again created.

I then went back to Recode and performed another test burn just in case the first test had a bad disk out of ther batch, but the results were the same with freezing and unselectable menu items.

Lastly, and just in case there could possibly be some conflict with Roxio and Nero, I went to another machine and performed the same test using Recode. The only difference in this test was the burning drive which is an NEC 3540A. Results were the freezing in the same places. This machine does not have Roxio installed.

Having run all of these tests with the only variable being the software, I can only surmize that there is a problem with Recode and I was hoping any Nero experts could enlighten me as to what that may be.

Also, and although I didn’t perform the testing as described above, I have had similar results using Recode backing up other movies.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to put out as much information as possible.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Don’t “be sorry” for the long post, it is a very interesting post about your experiment with Nero’s Recode.

I would be disappointed if your post did not give all the details you went into. Thanks! :bigsmile:

I am still having freeze problems with Recode (version 2.2.6.11) and I am doing the same backup (AnyDVD) procedure you have done with your DVDs.