Nero problems

vbimport

How about format c:\

^TeR^RoR^

Can anyone tell me how to wipe the registry clean of nero?? I put a bad serial number in and now cant get nero to work…Tryed uninstalling nero and editing the registry than installing…but it still wont take any serial numbers now…could use some help…thanks

I had the same problem too! If I can remember, you now can’t start nero at all, right?! It says something with “pirated keys” or something like that!
For me it was simple, I used Norton Cleansweep to get Nero out of the picture! But I think that’s to late for you now!
I don’t know if this can help you, but try search/files in your startmenu and type nero.* in dir C:\windows ! If it finds anything just remove the Nero registry and I think you can install nero again now!
Good luck & let us all know if it worked!
C Ya!

Win 98…
start > run > type “regedit” ENTER

Here’s the keys…
It’s a long list…
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\ahead
HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\software\ahead
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroAudioType
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroCDCoverType
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroCDROMBootType
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroCDROMHybridType
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroCDROMType
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroCopyType
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroHDBackupType
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroHFSType
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroImageType
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroMixedModeType
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroUDFISOType
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroUDFType
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroVideoType

Hope this helps you.

Always back-up your regestry before you screw with it. And before you try cracking sys. regestered software…
C Ya

I should try what’s up here. But if it didn’t work you must delete the whole TEMPORARY folder. If you open that one you should see that the install files of NERO are there to…

-DR CRASH--AREA51 CREW-_