Nero problems

i wasnt sure where the put this so yeah… im new here so here my problem
i got this tv series(avi format) and want to encode to dvd with a menu and stuff. the files all together are about 2 gig but when i import them to nero it says that there like 9 gig :confused: i tried dvd shrink but then the sound was off what do i do?

i wont claim to know very much about this but i have tried burning video cds before and this sounds like a similer problem

the dvd format (mpeg-2 i believe) is a heck of a lot bigger than just an avi file. so before it even burns it nero ore whatever program your useing will encode it, changing the format. with that much video to encode i hope you have a fast proccessor.

but anyway what is 2 gigs on avi could very well be 9 gigs of mpeg-2. just use more dvds i guess

You would probably be better off splitting your episodes to two discs when encoding with Nero and then use Recode to compress and burn if any compression is needed. 9 gigs is alot of data to try and put onto a SL disc.

Hi, Every time I try to play a downloaded file Nero asks me for my burning rights. Any advice would be apreciated, thank’s, slick5066

k thanks guy ill just write as much as i can per dvd

k thanks guy ill just write as much as i can per dvd

That’ll work too…good luck and happy burning.

@slick

Every time I try to play a downloaded file Nero asks me for my burning rights.

Don’t do alot of downloading, but my guess is the file you are trying to play requires a license that you don’t have…tried any other players?