Nero pause settings

I use nero, and I go to properties and set the pause to 0, but there is still a very slight pause. Is it possible to have a cd that fluidly runs from one track to the next in Nero? Im burning a cd that was ripped from vinyl (Smashing Pumpkins - Machina II, if you want to know) and it was only released on vinyl, so it has somewhat of a smooth transitional sound that I want to maintain. I also find the tiny break annoying, regardless of the smooth transitional sound being there.

it sounds like the audio files you are burning have pauses in them. If thats the case, use your favorite audio editing app, i prefer audacity b/c its good and free, open up the files delete the pauses, then go and reburn them.

Originally posted by Ignodium
I use nero, and I go to properties and set the pause to 0
Hi !

Set the pauses to 0.2 sec / 15 frames ( or even less ) and see what happens.

You can’t use Nero to burn that kind of CDs.

All tracks in a CD must have an integer number of sectors.

The length of the WAVs you’re trying to burn is not multiple of a CD sector (588 samples). In these cases, all mainstream burning programs add silence to end of the tracks to “fill” the end of sector.

You can use Feurio to burn those WAVs easily. Just select “Do not insert pauses between tracks - round track markers” in the “Settings” of the project.
Press F1 in that dialog and the help will explain what is done with that setting.

You can hear the result in the Feurio Wave Player and “see” it in the non-destructive Track Editor before burning.

What version of Nero do you have? Last time I checked, Nero trimmed the end of files instead of adding a little silence, like most burning programs…
Nero versions from 5500 up to 5578 are notoriously buggy.

Ill try the .2 seconds thing and then Ill try Feurio. I have nero 5.5.9.9 (came with my yamaha crw-f1) and I use it because it has the option for audio master quality or whatever its called that my Yamaha supports, but I dont even know if that burn setting makes a difference.

because it has the option for audio master quality, but I dont even know if that burn setting makes a difference.

Feurio also supports “Audio Master Quality Recording” by Yamaha.
Just press “More Details” in the Feurio CD-Writer window.
It could make a difference, mostly if you have readability problems…

You can install Feurio without any fear: it installs no driver or system library… (unlike Nero). And you can hear the resulting CD before burning.

AFAIK, you can download Machina II freely. As Billy Corgan had problems with his recordcompany, he put the album on the net to be downloaded for free. So I guess that’s easier than recording from Vinyl…?

Im not recording from vinyl myself (I wish, there were only 25 vinyl copies of the album), the rip is from vinyl (as they all are) and it was never converted to MP3 to maintain quality. I was just bringing it up to stress the importance of a smoother transition.

Just burn the CD and insert some artifacts. Instant vinyl :bigsmile:

Ill try the .2 seconds thing and then Ill try Feurio. I have nero 5.5.9.9 (came with my yamaha crw-f1) and I use it because it has the option for audio master quality or whatever its called that my Yamaha supports, but I dont even know if that burn setting makes a difference.

Goldenhawk’s CDRWin makes perfect audio CDs without the 2 second gap. I use it all the time. You may want to look into that as well.

Ill try the .2 seconds thing and then Ill try Feurio.
And here’s what we’ve got in Feurio! :
Pauses between the tracks:
In this menu you can select if a pause between the tracks shall be inserted.
The following settings are available:

· Insert no pauses between the tracks - round track marks
In this mode Feurio! do not insert any pauses between the wave files, the wave files will be burned directly one after the other.
Unfortunately there is a little problem with it:
Due to the structure of the CD directory the start of a track always has to be a sector start. A CD-Audio sector contains 588 samples.
If you use wave files that do not contain a multiple of 588 samples the next starting position can not be set exactly. In this mode Feurio! sets the track mark to the nearest sector start, i. e. the start position will be shifted a maximum of 294 samples.
If you attach great importance to exact start positions, you have to choose the mode ”Minimum pauses - Fill up tracks to multiple of sector size”

· Minimum pauses - Fill up tracks to multiple of sector size
In this mode Feurio! inserts exactly as many null samples at the end of each wave file as are required to get a multiple of the CD sector size.
If the used wave files already contain a multiple of the CD sector size, no additional null samples are added.

· Insert a 2 second pause between the tracks
A 2 second pause is inserted before each track. This is the standard for normal Audio-CDs.

· User-defined pauses
User-defined pauses are used.
In addition the menu User-defined pauses will be displayed, the exact values can be entered here. For further information see: ”User-defined pauses”.

Originally posted by CAVEMAN

Goldenhawk’s CDRWin makes perfect audio CDs without the 2 second gap. I use it all the time.

Ignodium is talking about making a disc from WAVs recorded from vinyl.
The length of those WAVs won’t be a multiple of 588 samples, so CDRWin will add silence to fill the last sector.
You don’t have problems with it because you rip from CD.

But CDRWin doesn’t have an option like “round track markers” in Feurio!

Ignodium, were you able to do it?

Originally posted by minix
[B]

Ignodium is talking about making a disc from WAVs recorded from vinyl.
The length of those WAVs won’t be a multiple of 588 samples, so CDRWin will add silence to fill the last sector.
You don’t have problems with it because you rip from CD.

But CDRWin doesn’t have an option like “round track markers” in Feurio!

Ignodium, were you able to do it? [/B]

No, I never rip from CD. The tracks I am talking about are ones recorded by myself or band. CDRWin never adds any silence to any of those tracks. For example, the first track on our latest album is 3:52 under Cakewalk. When burned to CD, my CD players see it as 3:52 and then moves on to the next track. I dunno, maybe something is done during the mixing down process to make the tracks CD audio compatible. I am new to digital recording, I am an analog man myself.

CDRWin has no option when WAVs aren’t multiple of 588 samples.
I guess that it fills the last sector with silence, but I don’t know.

Anyway, Feurio has 2 options:

• fill with silence that last sector (like most programs)
  • or fill that last sector with the music of the following track: this is the only way to get continous music between tracks when the WAVs aren’t multiple of a CD sector. You lose exactness, so I doubt CDRWin uses this method.

You probably use WAVs with lengths multiple of a CD sector.
The pauses I’m talking about are less than 13 thousands of a second, and obviously they’re only sometimes audible if the music is continuous.

588 samples per sector / 44100 samples per second = .01333333 seconds of silence. (just showing where your numbers came from, minix) and that would be a full sector. you would be padding with less than that.

also, it sounds more like he’s trying to make tracks out of a single wave…so if he were so inclined, he could split the wav on those sector boundaries everytime…since it flows continously anyways.

either insert silence, or set the track marker slightly before / after the end of a track. i have recently started using a program called wave repair - it might be able to help you.

Originally posted by ckin2001
588 samples per sector / 44100 samples per second = .01333333 seconds of silence.

That’s enough to be audible sometimes.

And he says that there are pauses between tracks, so obviously he is having problems with it…
He probably divided the big WAV with an editor… and got WAVs that cannot be burned correctly with Nero.
It’s better to divide with CDWave or even easier or divide with Feurio.