Nero overburn problem

I ran nero overburn test, it reported blank cd has length of 82:5x.xx

but when I try to burn data files that are about 80 minutes, nero says my media does not have enough space, ask me to insert another media that has more space.

nero version is 551054, I selected no multisession, finalize, disc-at-once, overburning featuer is turned on(82min), still can’t. I have alcohol 120% and clonecd install, adaptec aspi 4.71.2 installed too.

writer is liteon 52327s, QS09 is the firmware version.
media is mitsumi 48x

edit: Windows xp

how bigs ur compilation…???

when I click on “burn”, nero window shows 79.xx.xx, the file itself is around 730mb, is that too big?

Originally posted by CKS
when I click on “burn”, nero window shows 79.xx.xx, the file itself is around 730mb, is that too big?

No, it is a known bug in nero 6.0.0.15 and if I remember right it was also in one of the lastest 5.x versions. You will find several reports about this if you search the forum. It should be fixed in 6.0.0.19.

I’m pretty sure that bug was fixed in 5.5.10.54. I saw that bug in 5.5.10.50, but not in 5.5.10.54.

Originally posted by CKS

QS09 is the firmware version
This most likely is a FW bug and this kinda issue is unfortunately not new.
LiteOn should now [ I’m quoting ] " Strengthen the stability of the “OVERBURN” function ".
I mean, just as they did it w the other drives’ FWs.

So, the stability doesn’t seem strong enough, lol.

hmm…I’ll try QS0A then, see what happens

Originally posted by CKS

hmm…I’ll try QS0A then, see what happens
Yeah, I recall switching to the previous versions of FWs
( like in case w the ‘VS08 back to VS06’ FWs in the LTR48125W )
or having other drives to accomplish that procedure when the LiteOn overburning capacity tests would fail.
So, I guess you’ll have to improvise a little until this probable issue is fixed by LiteOn.

Originally posted by BoSkin
LiteOn should now [ I’m quoting ] " Strengthen the stability of the “OVERBURN” function ".
I mean, just as they did it w the other drives’ FWs.

As I understand it, what that meant was they fixed the bug in those drives where they would report an overburn capacity that was too high. As long as the 52327S doesn’t have this problem, Lite-On will probably never offer a new firmware for this drive with this description.

Originally posted by CDRecorder

As long as the 52327S doesn’t have this problem…

Originally posted by CKS

I ran nero overburn test, it reported blank cd has length of 82:5x.xx

writer is liteon 52327s, QS09 is the firmware version.

Good point; I guess it doesn’t have that problem. :o

Originally posted by CDRecorder

Good point; I guess it doesn’t have that problem. :o
I cannot speculate on that. Can you ? My judgement was based on the partucular issue.
And how about your own capacity tests ? You didn’t seem to say a word of it apart from :
“As long as the 52327S doesn’t have this problem”.