Nero on installation gives me CRC for some files

I have this problem during the unpacking of nero.exe as manifested below.
I can and have replicated the problem many times over as it is almost impossible to initialise nero for instalation.
I have no problems whatsoever with other software installations except with the current format of Nero.exe
I also unpacked the files to another directory and attempted installation, in this way I have had some success though not initially as I have to tried three ore more times clicking on the setup.exe even if this file gives me the corrupted file message time and time again.
Could you something about this problem/bug please?

Some of the extarcted files listing please note two of them as failed crc extraction on setup

Extracting Common Files\AudioPlugins\VqfEncLib1.dll
Extracting Common Files\AudioPlugins\wav.dll
Extracting Nero Wave Editor\waveedit.dll
Extracting Nero\WNASPI32.DLL
Extracting Nero BackItUp\BackItUp.exe
Extracting Nero Toolkit\CDSpeed.exe
CRC failed in Nero Toolkit\CDSpeed.exe
Extracting CoverDesigner\CoverDes.exe
Extracting Nero Toolkit\DriveSpeed.exe
Extracting Nero Wave Editor\DXEnum.exe
Extracting Nero Toolkit\hwinfo.exe
Extracting ImageDrive\ImageDrive.exe
Extracting Nero Toolkit\InfoTool.exe
Extracting Nero BackItUp\NBJ.exe
Extracting Nero BackItUp\NBR.exe
Extracting Nero
ero.exe
Extracting System\NeroCheck.exe
Extracting Nero\NeroCmd.exe
Extracting Nero StartSmart\NeroStartSmart.exe
Extracting Nero\NRESTORE.EXE
Extracting Setup.exe
CRC failed in Setup.exe
Extracting Redist\shfolder.exe
Extracting nero soundtrax\SoundTrax.exe
Extracting Nero Wave Editor\WaveEdit.exe
Extracting WMPBurn\WMPBurn.exe
Extracting Nero\CDI\CDI_TEXT.FNT

Thank you

Originally posted by drwho

I have this problem during the unpacking of nero.exe as manifested below.

CRC failed in Nero Toolkit\CDSpeed.exe

Have you tried re-downloading the file yet ? Yours maybe is corrupt.

This version of CDSpeed is obsolete ( 2.10.2 ) anyway, the latest one’s here > NeroCDSpeed_211.zip

Yes three times from different ftps
All the same but this isn’t the first time this has happened with Nero each version is the same problem and I’ve tried unpacking to a directory as well to avoid complex installation paths and still the same CRC problem
Even when I unpack the files to a directory(as shown below) setup.exe when clicked shows file corrupted message

Nero60028.exe
22.3 MB (23,443,548 bytes)

Nero60028 unpacked
72.4 MB (75,945,548 bytes)
Setup.exe 1.2.2.112
NeroWebEngine Application
1.27 MB (1,339,392 bytes)

Allow me to include some pics FYI and this is when setup.exe is clicked on

This is on installation with my apologies with the low quality but I have to reduce the size of the pic

This is something that appears attached to the installation window

Yes three times from different ftps

I guess you mean those mentioned [COLOR=blue]here

I too downloaded Nero 60028 twice on the day of release -
the 1st one gave me the same kinda message, then I just switched to the 2nd one placed in another directory
and downloaded from a different FTP, which wasn’t in the list and all worked just fine.

Btw, I have to mention one particular thing - for the 2nd one I went to the FTP by myself
and got it manually, quietly and fast from there.

That was the reason why I asked you if the file was corrupt.[/COLOR]

they were downloaded from Nero’s official ftps Europe, Nrth. America and Japan
two days apart
Besides the previous version also was like this and some other 5.x version as well with the same problem. I can’t speak for later releases in between as I was testing other burning applications

they were downloaded from Nero’s official ftps
Was mine unofficial ? :bigsmile:

Are you overclocking? I used to get CRC errors when I unRARed large files. I guess it was enough to push the processor to overheating, and causing an error.

Originally posted by GezusK
Are you overclocking? I used to get CRC errors when I unRARed large files. I guess it was enough to push the processor to overheating, and causing an error.

No, no overclocking either but yes the unpacking s indeed speedy by nero.exe but that is beyond the my control or my pc.
In fact if you re read the starting post I state that “I also unpacked the files to another directory” but in any case the extracted setup.exe is or seems to be corrupted, that answers your question I believe

in any case the extracted setup.exe is or seems to be corrupted
Why don’t you download the one from the place I refered to and see if it works ( just like mine ) ?

Originally posted by BoSkin
Why don’t you download the one from the place I refered to and see if it works ( just like mine ) ?

What would change?
I have had exactly the same problem with previous versions and now with this current one
So why would I have to waste bandwith on something that proved me right three times from different ftps?
it is not a corrupted download
Bytes counts are right however there are CRC showing
So what other proofs would you like me to produce?
The onus is not on me but on Nero to investigate why this is happening to some users and this is the purpose of my coming to this subforum.

BTW I already contacted Tech support and if they keen to acknowledge the problem or send me a fix well and good and if not well I’ll look for alternatives

What would change?

BTW I already contacted Tech support and if they keen to acknowledge the problem…
LOL. You are really die hard to acknowledge simple things
and, AFAIK, this is unfortunately not the 1st/only one of your troubles.

See, the problem is @least with your system.
Check this out > [COLOR=blue]Error CRC unpacking for installation [/COLOR]

Originally posted by DBady
Hello

[B]CRC errors are normally caused by a corrupted download or a incomplete download.

Try downloading the product again or download the product from a different computer system[/B] .

Link: http://www.nero.com/us/nero-up.php

BR

Darrick
Tech Support
Don’t these words sound familiar to you ? If not, take your time & study the above messages of mine. :wink:

I had the same problem and did most of what you have done…

• what worked for me:
    . deleted all folders/files in the extraction target directory
    . restarted windows ME into Safe Mode
    . then ran install from Safe Mode, no problem

I installed = nero6302.exe downloaded from the nero.com site.

Hope this helps.

I too have run across the CRC errors when attempting to install a trial version of Nero 7.2.3.
I know that the issue is not with a corrupted download because 1) MD5 check sum checked ok and 2) when the same downloaded file is ran on another computer, the extracting and install works fine. I’m not overclocking any components. I have tried to install in safe mode with no luck. I have also tried to disabled and then uninstalled my virus protection, still with no luck. I’m running a Dell Inspiron E1505 notebook with 1.6ghz dual core processor. I have read several other threads from other sites in the process of googling for answers but most have been related to corrupted downloads and my problem is not a corrupted download. Has anyone else have the same issue?