Nero objekt kann nicht erzeugt werden!

Nach einigen Testversuchen hab ich mein Problem soweit eingrenzen können:

Der Fehler den ich hab ist der selbe den ich hab wenn nero nicht installiert ist!

Woran kann das liegen? Hab Nero bereits neu installiert etc.!

Ich versteh das nicht, das war von eben auf gleich! Vorher ging alles richtig!

This is an english forum. Please post only in english.

Besides that. Your post has no context. What is the problem?

When i will create the nero object i become a error like the class is not registered!
This is the same Error like i use the Nero API whitout a NeroInstallation!

5min. before my Software runs correctly!
Anybody knows the Problem?

Snitch

Can you please explain your problem more precisely? Your current explanation is not very clear nor descriptive.

Can you please describe the exact steps to reproduce the bad behavior?

I have programmed a software Tool, whitch is burning whitch the NeroCom.dll.

I converted the Nero Fiddles to .NET and recompile the nerolib.dll to get the Events works correctly.

I finished my Programm and have created a Setup Project in my Software Tool Project!

By testing this ready setup.exe i wonder why i become a exeption by creating the nero object!

It seems so, that there is no nero installed on the system! IT IS THE SAME ERROR! But i have installed nero full correctly.
The Error say’s -> Class not Registered!

I wonder in this problem, because this software runs fine before i create the setup.exe project in my Project whitch contains the Forms etc!

snitch

This is really strange. Did you test setup.exe on your development machine or on some other?

Are you certain that the error occurs at the point of Nero object creation?

Yes it is by the creation of the nero object. My Debugger say’s!

I Test the Software with Virtual Machine W98 naked and Nero 6.0 .
But the same error. I can’t understand, i would sell my software and now this big problem! Oh oh …

snitch

Well, there are several things you can try. I have just tested this in Windows 98 under virtual machine and it worked!

First of all, you might want to re-register NeroCOM.dll, but there is no reason for it not to be registered already (although the error implies this).

I had to install VB runtime files (vbrun60) before I could run a VB6 program. There was also a problem with a missing comdlg32.ocx file.

When I fixed the last two problems, VB6 application was successfully run. Neither of the two problems was directly or indirectly related to NeroCOM.

Are you distributing NeroCOM.dll with your setup.exe?

Yes i have put the hole *.dll i need in the setup.exe.

Otherwise i can’t burn whith nerocom.dll !

Can you tell me how to recompile a *.dll in a system? I use VB .NET GUI for cooding, not VB6! But there are the same errors like: missing *.ocx in my Software.

Thx snitch

Yes i have put the hole *.dll i need in the setup.exe.

If you are referring to Nero’s DLLs then I don’t think you are allowed to do that. Please refer to matze’s reply in the following thread http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74124.

Otherwise i can’t burn whith nerocom.dll !

What do you mean exactly? Are you saying that unless you package NeroCOM.dll yourself, you cannot use it? That should not be correct. Nero itself installs and registers this DLL and providing Nero is available on the target machine your setup.exe should only install its own specific files.

Can you tell me how to recompile a *.dll in a system?

I am not sure what you mean. As I said, you should distribute your project’s dependencies only, avoiding Nero files.

OK. I thought that i must put the nerolib.dll in my setup.exe.

Now i think i have the problem. After my install the software runs correctly! But after deinstall with the setup wizard whitch contains my nerolib.dll the Error occurs.

I think after my deinstall, my deinstaller destrois the Nerocom.dll.
I test this tomorrow. Too late sorry.

Thanks snitch

OK this is the think i should do wrong!

:wink:

After deinstall my setup.exe the classes are not registered who are used by nerolib.dll.

Is it right if i say the nero API, whitch is installed after the Nero installation in my System, has the name nerocom.dll?

I have exclude it in my Project.
Is it a copyright problem if i use the nerocom.dll in my setup.exe?

snitch

Is it right if i say the nero API, whitch is installed after the Nero installation in my System, has the name nerocom.dll?

If you are asking whether Nero 6 installs NeroCOM.dll, then the answer is yes.

I have exclude it in my Project.
Is it a copyright problem if i use the nerocom.dll in my setup.exe?

Yes, I believe it is a copyright problem. Please refer to the thread I have already mentioned for information about your other options but most developers shouldn’t distribute and/or (un)register NeroCOM.dll.