Hmmm, I have a bit of strange problem. I apologize if this was answered earlier. I just installed a brand new Pioneer DVR-108 and flashed the firmware from 1.14 to 1.18 (official). After flashing, I updated Nero to 6603. The strange thing is, when I bring up the Choose Recorder box, Nero shows that my drive is capable of all formats EXCEPT DVD+R DL. What gives? This is most disturbing. Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this? Nero’s InfoTool correctly shows that my burner is fully capable of writing and reading DVD+R DL, just not the Nero main program. Also, every other diagnostic program shows that my drive is capable of read/write +R DL. However, Nero’s Choose Recorder does not recognize the drive as a +R DL drive, and so does not allow me to select things like extended lead-out for DL media. This problem is really driving me nuts and I’m itching to return this drive for a Plextor 716A. Here are some of the things I’ve done to try and fix the problem. None of them worked.
- set drive as master on single cable (both 40 and 80 pin IDE)
- removed all ASPI layers and installed 4.60 ASPI w/ ForceASPI
- tried kernel+Firmware for Pioneer 1.14 and 1.18 along with PioData 1.14 and 1.18
- Tried Nil’s hacked 1.14 firmware
- Removed Intel’s Application Accelerator and used Window’s Drivers for IDE; both channels using DMA (confirmed by Nero’s InfoTool)
The only thing I have not tried yet is to completely remove Nero using uninstall and then reinstall it. The only problem is I cannot find my original Nero 6 Ultra disk so I’m not sure I can do this. I’ve been updating Nero steadily since 18.104.22.168 while going through 2 other drives. Never had a problem until now.
I’m thinking I have a bad drive. Any suggestions or tips on fixing this problem?
Thanks in advance.