Nero not recognizing 32123s to 40125s

After converting the drive with xsu1 and mtkflash, Nero (bundled version with upgrades) shows this drive as a virtual drive. It does this on three different systems, so I’m guessing that it may have been the conversion. Does this version of Nero only recognize a bubdled drive? If so, does a retail Nero install cure this problem? Any tips would be appreciated.

OS= XP Corp, NTFS

Thanks in advance, Mark

Originally posted by mluckey

After converting the drive with xsu1 and mtkflash, Nero (bundled version with upgrades) shows this drive as a virtual drive… If so, does a retail Nero install cure this problem? Any tips would be appreciated…
Thanks in advance, Mark

Just a suggestion - uninstalling Nero, cleaning the registery and installing Nero can cure your trouble.

Normally no need to desinstall Nero , just remove the previous burner, btw your LTR 32123 S , from the peripheral manager before OC it, then boot and OC , at the next boot XP will detect your LTR 40125 S, and Nero will detect correctly your “new” burner.

If the OC process is already done , remove the LTR 40125 S from the peripheral manager , and boot XP, the discoreving process at the next boot will install again your LTR 40125 S, then launch Nero and it would work.

Btw if none of the twice methods work, the next step you’ve to try is to desinstall Nero and install it again.

Hope this helps.
Sergio

just install the latest nero

offcourse the nero bundled with your 32x doesn’t recognise a 40x …

Originally posted by wakke
[B]just install the latest nero

offcourse the nero bundled with your 32x doesn’t recognise a 40x … [/B]

Did you make updates of Nero ?
Nero 5.5.5.9 and 5.5.5.14 recognize my Memorex 32x12x40 ( ThirtyTwo MAXX 1240 ) OC to a Lite-On 40x12x40 ( LTR-40125S ) .

I already: uninstalled, purged the registry, installed drive on another system, and upgraded to latest software from Nero site. About the only thing I haven’t tried is returning it back to previous firmware. It’s puzzling to me.

Mark