Nero not detecting LiteOn LDW-851S?

vbimport

Hello all. I got a problem that I think I may needs some assistance with.

First of all, I have a LiteOn LDW-851S using Khypermedia +Rs and FujiFilm +RWs. I’m able to use either Nero 5.5 or 6.0. Here in lies the problem. Neiter version of Nero for some reason or the other, when I attempt to ‘Choose Recorder’ will recognize my burner. The only thing that it will allow me to choose is ‘Image Recorder’ (I think that what its exactly called). If I was to go into the ‘Disk info’ menu it will display both my burner and my normal CD Rom drive in the drop down menu and it will also tell me the specs on the disks in those drives.

Has anyone seen this yet? Why will Nero only see the burner in the ‘Disk info’ menu but not the ‘Choose Recorder’ menu? :rolleyes:

Here’s a screen shot of the screen…

Thanks Guys!!! :bow:

And here’s where Nero actually sees my burner…

I have the same problem, and found the reason on the Nero webiste.

I bought my PC with a CD-RW drive and the supplier used an OEM version of NERO. AHEAD tie the OEM CD-RW and the version of NERO together so that if you change the CD-RW for any other one you have to go and buy a full use Nero license rather than us ethe OEM license you have - <<INSERT A SWEAR WORD OF YOUR CHOICE>>.

Now I have to fork out 40 Euros for a Nero upgrade - SOD THEM I’M going to buy something else. I hate sharp business practices like that.

If you use the “about” option in help and you see OEM on the screen then you probably have them same problem as me.

Originally posted by mmorley_uk
[B]I have the same problem, and found the reason on the Nero webiste.

I bought my PC with a CD-RW drive and the supplier used an OEM version of NERO. AHEAD tie the OEM CD-RW and the version of NERO together so that if you change the CD-RW for any other one you have to go and buy a full use Nero license rather than us ethe OEM license you have - <<INSERT A SWEAR WORD OF YOUR CHOICE>>.

Now I have to fork out 40 Euros for a Nero upgrade - SOD THEM I’M going to buy something else. I hate sharp business practices like that.

If you use the “about” option in help and you see OEM on the screen then you probably have them same problem as me. [/B]

Thanks for the info mmorley. Acutally I ment to post my findings a few days ago, however, I’ve been tied up working.

Apparently each addition of Nero only supports a limited amount of CD/DVD burners (As I’m sure many of you experienced guys know). Having said that, when I upgraded to Nero 6 Ultra my problems went away and I’m now able to successfully burn DVDs w/ the application.