Nero not burning discs

vbimport

I get this error log

Linux (Ubuntu 10.04 'lucid') 2.6.32-21-generic (i686)
Nero API version: 9.7.0.132
Using interface version: 9.0.1.4
Installed in: /usr/lib/nero/
Application: Nero AG\Nero Linux Express
Internal Version: 9, 7, 0, 132

Recorder:             <HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N>Version: 1.05 - HA 1 TA 0 - 0.0.0.0
 Adapter driver:      <ata_piix>                HA 1
 Drive buffer  :      2048kB
 Bus Type      :      via Inquiry data
Excluded drive IDs: 
WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte
BUFE           : 0
Physical memory     : 1001MB (1025824kB)
Free physical memory: 500MB (512244kB)
Memory in use       : 50 %
Uncached PFiles: 0x0
Global Bus Type: default (0)
Check supported media : Disabled (0) 

NeroAPI
09:06:35  IST    #1 NEROAPI 2 File NeroAPI.cpp, Line 7164
    Initialization failed

What should I do? If any more informatioon is needed please ask!

Thank you in advance! :disagree::kiss:

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Is that just an excerpt from the log? I know with logs from the Windows Nero versions, there’s a lot more after that - which contains burner configuration info, media code info, as well as what goes on during the burn process up until the point it fails.

So if there is a further part to that log, could you post that as well please? :slight_smile:

No…thats the only thing

only image burning and Copy Entire CD don’t work everything else works fine! :slight_smile:

OK, thanks :slight_smile:

Few things I’ll ask, then: What model burner do you have, what brand of discs are you using, and what burn speed(s) have you tried?

EDIT: Another thought - since it’s just those two tasks that are giving problems, have you double checked that something like K3b works? My immediate thought is that your problems lies with your Nero install, or the size of the image/CD to be burned compared to the blank you’re using.

I’m not an expert in this area though, so hopefully someone with more knowledge than I have will chime in and pinpoint the problem fairly quickly. :slight_smile: