Nero mp3PRO

hi,

i have been here before under a different log-in ~ have been using Nero6 for several years no worries (full retail version): suddenly i get a message that the mp3Pro software component has expired? amazing, because i have a full edition - not a demo: still, i’m caught in the middle of transferring some of my own music from mp4 to mp3 format, at 2am in the morning - and the message is telling me to go to nero.com and buy the “full version” of mp3Pro … :confused:

i do this - the web site takes my order, my personal details and payment. then nothing happens. i check my inbox and discover an email from nero giving me a serial number for the full mp3PRO plug-in, and telling me to enter the serial number into a box on Nero StartSmart. i do this. the box will not accept the serial number. i email nero several times and receive a steady stream of automated robot email replies in response :a

this was several days ago - nero have taken my money and delivered me nothing, apart from several days misery trying to input an apparently defective serial number into StartSmart. i have gone over the instructions in the receipt email again and again, entering the number, restarting my pc, again and again, and as soon as i try to use the mp3PRO converter, i am told it is expired and will i buy the full version (again)? :disagree:

advice please?

thanks

Ric

[QUOTE=o1kric;1917263]hi,

i have been here before under a different log-in ~ have been using Nero6 for several years no worries (full retail version): suddenly i get a message that the mp3Pro software component has expired? amazing, because i have a [I]full[/I] edition - not a demo: still, i’m caught in the middle of transferring some of my own music from mp4 to mp3 format, at 2am in the morning - and the message is telling me to go to nero.com and buy the “full version” of mp3Pro … :confused:

i do this - the web site takes my order, my personal details and payment. then nothing happens. i check my inbox and discover an email from nero giving me a serial number for the full mp3PRO plug-in, and telling me to enter the serial number into a box on Nero StartSmart. i do this. the box will not accept the serial number. i email nero several times and receive a steady stream of automated robot email replies in response :a

this was several days ago - nero have taken my money and delivered me nothing, apart from several days misery trying to input an apparently defective serial number into StartSmart. i have gone over the instructions in the receipt email again and again, entering the number, restarting my pc, again and again, and as soon as i try to use the mp3PRO converter, i am told it is expired and will i buy the full version (again)? :disagree:

advice please?

thanks

Ric[/QUOTE]

I would contact Nero and explain the situation and make sure you have your purchase receipt and Serial to explain to them the situation…But if all fails do a complete uninstall of Nero and clean all folder and registery of the program and then reboot and BUT BUT remember to have your serials of the Nero and MP3pro on hand when you reinstall it again.

thank you but i have already taken all these measures - i have warned nero that i will air this grievance and i have now followed through by posting here: a gave nero days to contact me and all i receive is the same robot message: and they have my money, how often are they doing this to people? is this acceptable? i have asked for a refund and suggested i ditch nero completely - after years of singing their praises far and wide - and swop to another software - and still i receive the same arrogant, robot email - it is beyond belief?

how can i get my money back? is there a third party i can contact over this, which is rapidly becoming a [I]legal[/I] matter, as far as i can see?

thanks,

R

Hello,

within minutes of replying to a Nero ‘no reply / techno’ email that i was going public over this issue, i miraculously received my first Nero email from a real human being: here’s a summary of what i was told -

[I]their servers might be down?

there might be too much traffic on the internet?

i should try again later;

i could wait until Monday;

the problem is probably not at their end.[/I]

you should:-

[I]disable your anti-virus,

contact your ISP

download from another computer

disable pop-up blockers …[/I]

and all this because a full retail version of Nero has items built into it which time-expire

there was nothing to download at their site that i was aware of - only the web form to fill out with your details; what did turn up was an anonymous Nero email with a serial number on it, which when i entered it into the software - as instructed - was rejected, again, again and again …

i have asked Nero to mail me this item: i may have to wait, but at least i won’t have to spend the next week wading through all this stuff which Nero thinks [I][U]might [/U][/I]be causing the problem? i have received no assurance or acknowledgement that my wishes will be acted upon

[U]Nero have my money - i have no mp3Pro software[/U]

suggestions please?

thanks,

Ric

i have again emailed Nero asking them that they mail me the mp3Pro component, now missing from Nero6. will update on progress

the guidance to disable antivirus/firewall makes no sense to me - since no download has ever been attempted: what occurs is that the Nero serial number i have been given is rejected by the software: so downloading anything hasn’t even had a chance to happen yet?

thanks

R

So what is your exact software version of Nero 6 do you have? Have you tried to uninstall all of nero 6 and cleaned registry of the program and use explore to find any folders and deleted them? And when you go back to install it does it accept your serials??

hi,

was on my way back to this thread - well i did a complete uninstall / reinstall - and it had no effect. earlier this afternoon i went back to the Nero help page and downloaded a Nero6 upgrade - NO DOWNLOAD WORRIES, as suggested by Nero tech earlier? / earlier post here - then went back to the serial number and pasted into the new-look StartSmart: this time success :clap: and i have the mp3Pro facility up and running again (relief) - i do a lot of audio file experimentation. the Nero6 i am now using is 6.6.1.15

so it was nothing whatsoever to do with firewalls or antivirus software - it was an incompatibility issue

thanks

R