Nero MP3 Question

vbimport

Hi all!

Currently using Nero 5.5.10.20 and I’m trying to have some of mp3 files crossfade with the previous file to avoid the break on some tracks. I hope that’s clear. If not I’ll try to be clearer.

Thanks for any advice anyone has out there.

Jon

Don’t know if I get it right, but you wan’t to make sure there is no silence between two tracks? Very easy, go to Properties of the files and put pause to 0. Further info can be found in the Nero help file.

Don’t know if I get it right, but you wan’t to make sure there is no silence between two tracks? Very easy, go to Properties of the files and put pause to 0. Further info can be found in the Nero help file

Remember: the first audio track on an audio cd must have a 2 seconds pause or longer! This is not really a pause but just a so called pre-gap which is required… don’t ask me why though

What I really want to know is how many ‘frames’ or ‘seconds’ I should set the crossfade to on Nero Audio.

I know that you can/should remove the 2 second gaps before each track and you must keep the 2 second gap at the start of the first track, but all mp3 files have a smaller gap (just a blip of a gap) at the start that you cant get rid of unless you crossfade the tracks on Nero. This is because of the way that mp3s are apparently - they store info on that blip.

All I really need to know is what is the ideal figure. I’ve done albums with tracks that merge (like electronic music) and I have tried a few settings such as 2 or 3 frames which Nero reckons is 0.02

Do all mp3s have the same length blip? Surely someone must have the hang of the crossfade settings on Nero. I’d figure out the ideal setting myself but there seems no way to check unless you burn the CD and my CD/DVD player has terrible controls.

Please help me audio boffins. What should I set my crossfade to in Nero?