Nero + liteon52246s cant get 12xRW to record any higher

i have disabled ‘smartburn’ but still in the burnspeed section the highest option to burn is 12x, even tho I’m using 10x discs.

I have recorded with these discs before at 24x but due to recent reinstall of system it doesnt seem to be working

any ideas?

thanx

Win2000sp3
nero 551028 enterprise
liteon 52246s

I really doubt you were able to burn 10x CD-RW media at 24x. CD-RW media is not as forgiving about burn speed as CD-R media, and as far as I know no 10x CD-RW media can be burned at 24x. They just aren’t physically capable of being burned at such speeds.

I suspect that what you are seeing now is normal, and has been the case all along. Perhaps you burned something else at 24x and confused which media burned at what speed? Or maybe you had an older version of Nero that incorrectly allowed you to select 24x, but actually burned at 10x or 12x?

cfitz

It isn’t possible to burn at 24x on these discs. You must purchase some UltraSpeed CD-RW to burn at this speed.

if i had been confused and it was a 10x disc at 12x, even so disabling the smart-burn should let me access higher burn speeds than 12x should it not?

thanks

even so disabling the smart-burn should let me access higher burn speeds than 12x should it not?

No. 16x and 24x are only available when a Ultraspeed disc is in the drive. Has nothing to do with smartburn.

thanx guys for the info i must have been having ‘one of those moments’ when i did the 10x@ 24x!!!