Nero Lead-In Hang Up! HELP!

Hello. I really hope you can help me because i’m at my wit’s end. Everything was fine burning VCD’s with Nero a week ago, but now there’s a huge hang up during the Lead-In. It doesn’t happen every time, but about 85% of the time it hangs for over 15 minutes or more, sometimes overnight. I’m using windows XP professional, Sony 48X burner, newest version of Nero (I updated it last night hoping to solve the problem, but it didn’t) Can anyone let me know what might cause this? I haven’t installed anything strange, but the latest thing installed was Black Ice Defender. Even when I disable it, I still get the hang up. Thanks in Advance, Angella.

Hello,

I have the same problem.
Here is some more info: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21495

[QUOTE=wngaloud;413632]Hello. I really hope you can help me because i’m at my wit’s end. Everything was fine burning VCD’s with Nero a week ago, but now there’s a huge hang up during the Lead-In. It doesn’t happen every time, but about 85% of the time it hangs for over 15 minutes or more, sometimes overnight. I’m using windows XP professional, Sony 48X burner, newest version of Nero (I updated it last night hoping to solve the problem, but it didn’t) Can anyone let me know what might cause this? I haven’t installed anything strange, but the latest thing installed was Black Ice Defender. Even when I disable it, I still get the hang up. Thanks in Advance, Angella.[/QUOTE]

For start Newest nero are you talking about 7 or 8?? Also give a more specs as to what exact version of nero your having problem with. What kinda file are you writing to VCD? Does the source test as working? What kidna media are you using? Sounds early but you media might be the cause of the hangups as there are bad and good media sources out there or it could be that your source files is corrupted somewhere and only shows up when you go to burn it. So can you tell us the name of the file?? How updated is your XP O/S? Before this problem happened did you do or change any software or hardware settings? What are you computer specs? Is the burner firmware updated as well? Rather then disable how about if you uninstall totally blackice and see if the problem reoccurs? If not check the setting preferences to see if black ice isn’t doing something that you don’t want it to do ie like blocking access to programs you are using that it deems bad…sometimes you have to adjust the settings.

Lead-In actually refer to LBA less then -150. So I suppose that nero displayed “Writing Lead in” and then hang. This is strange. Since it works last week, so I think this is most likely a burner issue. If you still can return it back, then do it. Try to change to another brank, like Pioneer, Panasonic, or Plextor.